XI

"Where are we going to? Didn't you say earlier that you have much work to do until I had to take my breakfast by myself like some side chick today?" I asked looking through the window of his BMW. He chuckled. "What's so funny?" I turned.

"I like that. I like the fact you want to be with me all the time." 

Okay I blushed but that isn't the point.

"No I want an answer" He looked straight into my soul and smiled.

"Since shopping has been cancelled because of your indecisive self, I wanted us to relax for some time before tonight. You are not going to have any rest with all the music and people chatting" he answered.

"Huh? And where will we 'relax'?" 

"Too much questions mi amo. Don't you trust me?" I heard the chiming of my phone and searched for it in my bag. I looked at the name and no I wasn't doing this. I ignored the call and put it back in my bag.

"Who is that?" he asked curious. I wasn't going to tell him my boss which has been a flirt was calling me.

"My boss. He surely wants to talk about work and I'm too tired to hear his complains. I'll tell my assistant to do that for me." I answered without stuttering. Damn I was getting sleek.

"Then you have to be sure he's calling for work. I mean, he's your boss so you ought to respond." 

Ugh. Why. Me.

I cleared my throat and picked the call.

"Hello" I tried to say without sounding too familiar.

"Amarine. You left work earlier yesterday without even advising why. I am worried. Is everything good?" 

Thank God he isn't on speaker.

"Oh well I had an emergency. This won't happen again." I looked down so as to not make any eye contact with Ademir.

"What emergency? Where are you now? You weren't at your apartment"

Now he's getting way too far from my boss.

"Personal reasons but I am fine. I'll be there Monday" I said before hanging up. 

"Why was he at your place?" Ademir asked and I could feel how irritated he was in his voice. My back got cold and did I instantly start sweating? 

Fuck.

"Uhh what do you mean?" 

All the progress I did went back to zero in a glimpse.

"I said, why the fuck was he at your place?" he repeated insisting. I could simply say the truth. I mean since I've been with him I didn't talk to Artagatis so why would I feel any guilt?

"We had a little thing for two weeks or so but it didn't work out because he always stopped each time we got to do something so I deciced to cut him off and I think he is trying to remedy to that" I said confidently. He leaned back on the chair and kept silent for a moment. 

"We're going back home Davis" is all what he said. I didn't even want to ask why so I shut my smart mouth down. He was surely mad at me. I even wonder why he isn't getting me out of his car. My ex would have done that. 

"You can still drop me here I'll-

"Enough Amarine. You've said ENOUGH." As soon as he said that my eyes watered. I looked down. I don't know why I overreact so much with him. I indeed said enough. Why was I acting like I didn't. I wiped out the tears and stayed quiet until we arrived to his house. 

I got out of the car by myself and walked to the house when I realized he was still in the car. He stepped out and followed me. 

"I.. uh.. will be upstairs" I tried to formulate as I turned to him but he walked pass me like I was invisible. Fine. I'll cry my eyes out now.