Part of me:

What makes me yearn for you? I feel you within me, tracing me down to my core. I want to hug you so tight, engulf you wholly until we are one... infinitely.

                                      🪆🪆🪆

Only sixteen.
She thought about him, about years after education. There wouldn't be any books for him to get excessively immersed in, no time limit to when she would get to see him, she would be his daily scene, and he would be close enough for her to wrap her hands around his neck.

After education, he would be more interested in understanding her enigmatic self and how she adored him intensely. He would laugh over and over again about her quirky behavior and name her "the cutest thing in the world" all the while ignorant about how excessively cute she thought him to be.

She would scram into his embrace each time she felt overwhelmed by the feelings she had for him, not minding how wet her tears made his shirt.
How is she so lucky?
She would ask him and look up at him. He would pull her back in, and she would be too cozy to know what he does next. She would just snuggle in closer.

His young siblings would adore her, and she would squeeze all the cuteness out of their cheeks. She would adore them right back ten times more. She would make dinner with his mama. His mama ought to really love him. She would prove to her that she had lots of love for him to add to her endless love, if she didn't mind.

He would feel a bit embarrassed the first time he cries in front of her, and he would try to cover his face. She would hold his face in her hands, feel the tears beneath her thumb and let him know it's okay to cry. She would smile sweetly, hoping it to make him trust her, and they would hug.
He would cry for knowing for a fact that she would be there for him always.
She would cry because she would have earned his vulnerability.

They would argue sometimes.
She would be frustrated and he, impatient. She would think she hated him and everything about him. He would think she was unbearable and overreacting.
They would huff and puff and almost blow their clothes off.
They would say a lot of things and still end with "I love you too"

Her mother would remind him that she is her princess and that he needs to treat her like a queen. She would shrug proudly, and he would smile and answer with a "yes ma'am".
He would strive to make her smile and blush for as long as they had together. She would appreciate his existence in her life and would let him know... every time.

She thought about their first kiss.
After education, he would kiss her for the millionth time, his soft lips sweeter than yesterday and wetter each second that would go by. His breath would excite her, like each and every time they had been this close. In between gasps, she would look into his dreamy eyes and let him know for the millionth time...

"I love you Ethan".

Natalie scoffed at her thoughts now, trying to push down the lump that was growing in her throat. She was trying so hard to hold back the tears.

A while ago, she had asked Ethan if they could have a small talk. He had hesitated for a moment but seeing how serious Natalie had been, he had accepted.
Natalie had led the way, her fast paces deafening out his slow steps. She had stopped outside the library and turned to face him. Ethan had leaned against the wall with arms crossed, looking down at her... with vanity.

"So, I wanted us to talk and finally get things straight between us," Natalie had started, ensuring he felt her seriousness in her words and presence.
She hadn't in fact quivered a bit from his stance, his arrogant aura or the possibility of a rejection.
Still, she wasn't ready for what he said next.

"What things do you mean?"

Natalie had taken her time, replaying what he had said, looking at his smug face and biting down on her teeth in anger.
In that moment, he had looked extremely unattractive and for the first time she had felt disgusted by him.

"You seriously don't know what I am talking about?" She had given a second chance to him, to try and not piss her off the more.

He had shifted his weight onto the other leg and re-crossed his arms, "No... none that I can remember".

Natalie had been at a loss for words. She just stood there with squinted eyes, looking back at him. She didn't understand how she hadn't punched his nose yet.
She wanted to yell at him, then after as he panicked on his knees with a bloody nose, maybe kick him in the guts once or twice.
She honestly felt hatred towards his arrogance.

"Okay," she had walked off quickly, praying no body crossed her path, anyone except Elise.

Elise had been outside the dorms, waiting patiently for Natalie to return. She was a bit excited for her to appear, then Natalie did appear and something about her face wasn't cheery. Had he rejected her yet again?
"How was it?" Elise had asked as she got nearer to Natalie.

Natalie had reached her, opened her mouth to speak and closed it back up. She had paced back and forth, scratching her brow and biting her lip. She then got hold of Elise's hand and dragged her to their room.

"Oh, that fucking boy, she had grunted, do you know what he said to me?"

Elise had been too concerned for Natalie. She had never cursed out loud. This was not good.
"Mr. Valer said he doesn't know what am talking about? Huh?"

"He did? Elise had asked, well that's confusing." "Did he say anything else?"

Natalie had shaken her head and shrugged in disbelief.
"Really? Or maybe you stormed off too fast?"

Natalie couldn't believe Elise had still given him the benefit of the doubt.
"No, Elise, and I stayed long enough for him to look the other way."

She had been angry and had wished it had been enough to un love him.
Hearing what Garf had just told her made her feel worse. She felt stupid. The universe was messing with her for sure yet again.

She had been walking with Garf when a cheer caught their attention. Just one block away, a group of boys were cheering.
Ethan had then appeared from the bunch and walked towards a girl. She was not from their year, but Natalie had seen her a few times with her classmates. She was in her second year.

Ethan gleefully approached her, carried her bag and books and led her away. The girl was smiling, and he was blushing.
Natalie's heart clenched. She hated the sight.
Garf gasped, "the new couple"

"Huh" Natalie had missed it.

"They are dating, and he sure is smitten by her."

Natalie watched the two love birds make their way to the library building in between giggles and cheers.

🪆🪆🪆