Episode 4

After putting the thermos and some toiletries, and personally tidying up the room, Yuri still hadn’t caught sight of Lisa's silhouette, so she doubted before opening the door in search of her.

"Lisa?”

Lisa was washing the cups and saucers in the dining room. She gave a response to Yuri's call before carefully putting the washed cups and saucers back in place. She then walked slowly to her bedroom.

“Lisa why do your eyes seem to be a little red?” Yuri sized up Lisa and asked with concern.

Lisa stiffened slightly when she closed the door. She paced around the bedroom, looking at her surroundings and calmly answered her, “An eyelash might have gotten into my eye. I rubbed it a few times but couldn’t get it out.”

“Oh.” Yuri didn’t think much of it.

She walked back to the bathroom that was separated by a glass door and scrubbed the basin with boiling hot water. She said intimately, “Lisa, since we’re going to live here for a longer time, I’ve replaced all the bedding with our own. If you are feeling tired, you can relax and lie down for a while.”

Lisa took off her jacket and leaned on the edge of the bed. She closed her eyes and said with a smile, “It must have been hard on you.”

She was indeed exhausted from her rushed journey and forcing her own smiles. Unfortunately, she could only hide here to take a breather before soon putting on her mask and going out to meet people.

"Lisa, did Teacher Kim… use to be like this with you before as well?” Yuri wasn’t someone who’d hold back her words, she couldn’t help but ask the question that had been lingering in her heart from the beginning.

“Why do you suddenly ask?” Lisa tilted her head and did not answer the question.

After Yuri washed the basin, she started to clean the bedroom as it was covered with so much dust. She honestly replied, “I think what Assistant Youna said seems to be somewhat false. The first time Teacher Kim opened the door and the second time she did, the clothes she wore were the same. Except for the shoes, everything was neat and tidy. It didn’t look like she had just gotten up from bed.”

She had been following Lisa for more than a year and knew very well that Lisa had suffered a lot of contempt and got no proper respect before she won the Daesang TV Queen. Things like today were not uncommon. Jennie and Youna echoed one another, it seemed like they were deliberately bullying others.

She had wholeheartedly devoted herself to Lisa so she naturally felt outraged from the injustice faced by her. She reminded her, “Lisa, your relationship with Teacher Kim don’t you think you’d need to reconsider it?”

The smile Lisa had on her face from beginning till the end gradually disappeared. Even if she didn’t want to admit it, she had to face it. Her lies were relentlessly exposed.

She lowered her eyes in silence for a while before she slowly sat up, looked at Yuri, and said her words with rare solemnity, “Yuri, Teacher Kim is different from the others.”

“If she’s ever rude to me in any way, it must all be because there’s something I haven’t done well in the past or even in the present. You have to remember that. I don’t want her to be badly influenced because of me.”

The assistant froze. She was frightened by Lisa’s rare seriousness. She pursed her lips, feeling a little aggrieved before glumly agreeing, “I know, I won’t talk nonsense outside. I never have…”

Before she could finish her sentence, she was interrupted by Lisa touching her shoulder.

“Of course without a doubt, I know that our Yuri is the most tight-lipped person I’ve ever known, that’s why I feel comfortable sharing anything to you.”