Episode 10

After seven o'clock in the evening, Lisa and Ahn had finished their rehearsal with a flawless ending. Jennie was still training so Lisa was the only one staying in the quiet and pitch-black suite.

She sat cross-legged on the sofa in the dark room devoid of any artificial lighting. And listened to music with her headphones as her thoughts drifted away.

Youna asked her in the morning, “Are you really ready?” She understood the underlying meaning behind her words: Was she truly ready to welcome the difficulties, other than the sweet moments, that would come in between the love they had for each other?

Even Youna didn’t believe her, let alone Jennie.

Lisa knew that it was due to her past behaviors that were disappointing. Frankly speaking, if she wasn’t holding onto the little hope for the tenderness and love that Jennie had given in her previous life to the point where she had called off her wedding and rushed all the way after hearing the news of her death, despite being reborn, she wouldn’t have dared pester Jennie after the pain she had caused her so incessantly and nonchalantly after they met again even if she was given a hundred faces.

She was just too shameless. Lisa wanted to bite herself with loathing for own doings. But the moment she opened her mouth, the five fingers of her raised hand gradually closed into a fist before she slowly put it down again.

She had already quit this bad habit in her past life when her state of mind had improved.

She leaned back on the sofa and let out a long sigh. As she reached for her phone to cut off the song to ease her emotions, a WeChat pop-up promptly appeared on the screen.

The person who sent her the message was Chaeyoung. She said that she had arrived in Lin Prefecture and asked how she should give her the things as she was about to arrive at the hotel.

Lisa sat up straight and thought for a moment before replying back. Then she called Yuri, asked her to go down to pick up Chaeyoung, and bring her up to her from the private passage to the suite.

Lisa could have directly asked Yuri to meet up with Chaeyoung to take the things from her and leave but she thought that she was being disrespectful by putting on airs. After all, it was her who was troubling the other party.

In her last life, Chaeyoung was infamous for her crummy acting skills and “vacuous sister” role. In today’s entertainment industry, you can have no acting skills, but you can’t have no popularity, or in other words, no audience. It doesn’t matter if you have zero acting skills, you can always work hard and improve but having no audience meant that you’d only get hate and shouts like “Leave the entertainment industry”.

Chaeyoung was quite miserable as she had neither. She was dedicated to her work, acted in low profile, and looked gentle and submissive. Not having acting skills was her only black spot. It wasn’t an uncommon sight to see actors without any acting skills in the industry. Reasonably speaking, she wasn’t as useless as the accusations. At one time when Chaeyoung had gotten a lead role, rumors were flying around about how she used her capital to steal the role from a popular Suzy. The Suzy had also posted a specious letter on her social media when the controversies were at the peak, shedding tears over the changes of seasons, which caused her fans to be injected with chicken blood and adamant to seek justice for her. Since then, Chaeyoung had fallen with no hope for a comeback.

Lisa and Chaeyoung were from the same company so they heard some insider's gossip from Yuri, it was said that the one who sparked controversies and spread rumors was the work of the crew Chaeyoung was working with at that time. They had staged the whole tea for the purpose of getting hot searches on media and to hype their drama, while the Suzy, who saw that Chaeyoung was an 18th-tier nobody hence, was easy to bully, took advantage of the situation and acted all miserable.