Episode 7

From the hot tea and cake when they met, to the coordinating words on the drinking table, and now the stomach medicine, the interactions she had with Jennie today went through Lisa's mind like a revolving lantern. Maybe she was overthinking this, maybe it was just Jennie doing things out of kindness. But Lisa still felt a warm current overflowing from her heart and trickling all over her limbs.

Her face bloomed with an uncontrollable smile as her eyes grew a little hot. The impulses and emotions swirling in her mind urged her to grab the box on the side and dash out the door with great strides.

When she actually stood at the door to  Jennie's room and lifted her hand to knock, only then did Lisa once again sobered up.

But this time, her desires were too exuberant for her to suppress with reasons any longer.

She gritted her teeth. No longer giving herself time to look back and forth, she raised her hand and knocked on the door twice carefully and gently.

Surprisingly, Jennie responded much more quickly than she had expected. Almost immediately, the door was opened by its owner by a half-person wide gap, and  Jennie's white complexion face appeared in the dim light.

“Is there something wrong?” Jennie frowned and said lightly.

Lisa rarely saw Jennie showing such impatience to her before. She was stung by her attitude several times today, and now she felt a bit lost for a while. In front of people, she could readily pretend to be a great eloquent orator, but standing in front of Jennie, with just one look from her, she was knocked back to her original form——back to being that clumsy and dumb person.

She unconsciously clenched her hand. Feeling the box grasped between her five fingers, she finally remembered the purpose of her trip.

“Our meeting just now was too rushed, so I didn’t have time to give you the meeting gift I had prepared.” Her lips were tucked up in a smile and she didn’t expose the brunette's kind intention of delivering the medicine.

She opened the box to reveal the chain bracelet inside and handed it to her She softly said, “The little bit of red between its eyebrows was something I insisted on adding, Slyvia was very confused and argued with me for a long time, but I thought that you would like it.” Slyvia was the French designer that Jennie liked, and had brought her to visit when they used to travel to France together. Their relationship was quite friendly.

The moment Jennie saw the bracelet in the box, her fingers gripping the door knob tightened. Astonishment, confusion, and pain flashed through her eyes and it was too late to cover it up.

Lisa clearly saw those emotions. Thinking that Jennie didn’t like the gift, she helplessly felt her heart at the edge of her throat and burning in her eyes.

The rigid air between them was only for a few seconds, but it felt it lasted for centuries.

“I love it.” Jennie eventually opened the door a little wider and reached out to take the box.

Not knowing whether it was an illusion or not, Lisa felt that Jennie's eyes were tinged with warmth as she gazed down at the bracelet and then up at her.

“I don’t have a gift for you,” she calmly told her.

Lisa immediately said gently, “It doesn’t matter. If you like this gift, it would be the best gift for me.” After a pause, she mocked herself, “Besides, I have to thank you tonight. By using your light, I am able to stand here wholly.“

Due to her family education, the word “thank you” was nothing but a common word for Lisa, she was accustomed to expressing it both to her own people and to others. But Lisa didn’t know what came to the brunette's mind from this statement because in the next second, she saw Jennie's expression change and her eyes becoming colder than before.