Episode 3

“What’s the matter? Looking at the scenery at the door?” The woman’s clear and bright voice was like divine music from heaven, accompanied by the sound of heels clicking on the ground, this ‘music’ was very sweet-sounding to Yuri's ears at the moment.

Yuri was standing beside the door at a loss. As if she had been saved after hearing her voice, she ran towards Lisa in small steps, feeling very wronged as she wailed, “Lisa..."

The male assistant also reacted, following rather half a beat behind Yuri to welcome her over. He was somewhat flabbergasted and asked, “Lisa, how… how come that you’re up here?”

He had just called the assistant director to explain the situation and had been told that he’d come up to discuss, but now, why did Kang chul not come and instead, the subject directly arrived?

“It’s okay, don’t panic.” Lisa patted the little assistant’s shoulder as a reassurance before calmly answering the male assistant, “Director Kang went to pick up Teacher Lee and Teacher Su, and Director Chen and my agent couldn’t stop talking with each other, so I volunteered to come up.”

When the male assistant went down, Lisa was sitting with the two directors, and they heard everything.

Chen Desheng was afraid of offending Ms Kim but also didn’t want to offend Ms Manoban either, so he decided to become the mediator by saying that there seemed to be a misunderstanding between Jennie and Yuri, which was why she was temporarily unable to enter. Lisa knew in her heart. What misunderstanding could Jennie have with her assistant? This was clearly the way of Jennie showing her displeasure for Lisa through her little assistant, Yuri.

But in the bottom of her heart, she was actually somewhat relieved by this.

When she heard that Jennie was willing to live with her, she was half surprised and half disturbed. What was surprising was that she used her connections for her goal and what's disturbing was that… didn’t Jennie appear too calm when she knew about her appearance?

She wasn’t afraid that Jennie would loathe or harbor a grudge against her because of what happened previously; she was only afraid that Jennie had really let go of the past and moved on, and that she was now able to naturally become the most familiar stranger to her.

Fortunately though, Jennie told her with action——she was not very calm either.

Maybe agreeing to live together was just a matter of her not wanting to cause more trouble to the program crew?

Revealing a smile on her face, Lisa pretended to be calm and walked towards the room. “It’s no big deal, Teacher Kim was probably just joking with you guys, or she was sleepy and half-conscious so she was slow to react, why are you guys acting as though you’re confronted by a formidable enemy?”

She deliberately didn’t let the director come up to mediate, and now she purposely used a light-hearted tone to soothe the two people, just not wanting to make a big deal out of it and involve Jennie in any rumors of her ‘acting like a prima donna’.

The familiarity and nonchalance in her tone really calmed Yuri's resentment for Teacher Kim's rudeness and also subsided the inexplicable conviction of the male assistant on the side. Only Lisa herself knew how her heart was beating like a drum in her chest right now.

She led the two assistants, who were also blindly following suit, and finally stood in front of the sturdy wooden door. This was the closest distance between her and Jennie in these recent years——just a door apart.

Lisa hand tightly clenched into a fist under her windbreaker sleeve to restrain her fingertips from unconsciously trembling. She was finally going to see her. A short while later, she adjusted her best smile and reached out to knock on the door.