Episode 20

The next day, Lisa woke up to find her throat was dry and it hurt to speak. She sat on the bed in a daze, still half asleep.

She had read a chapter of a fanfic last night before sleeping, and it was talking about how she had been saved from the second elimination by Jennie before they evaded the cameras and kissed in a corner, enjoying the joy of their narrow escape. Maybe it was because she was thinking about it during the day and dreaming about it at night, so she had a messy dream when she fell asleep. In that dream, she had returned to the dormitory that she stayed in with Jennie during the competition.

At that time, their beds were opposite each other and the curtain in the middle was purposefully pulled open. It was the same in the dream, there was nobody in the dormitory and the curtains that separated their beds from the rest of the room had been pulled close. She watched as, the her in the dream crawled over the low rail between the beds and wrapped her arms around Jennie's neck as they started kissing on Jennie's bed……

Lisa held her forehead and scolded herself silently for having such thoughts. And besides! They had only kissed in her dream, how could she possibly have caught Jennie's cold?! Such unfair!

She washed up and drank the health drink she usually took in the mornings, feeling like her throat was a little better, although her voice was still slightly hoarse. When she arrived at the dining room, Yuri and
Youna were waiting with breakfast prepared. After a while, Jennie walked in while rubbing her nose.

“Good morning, Teacher Kim.” Lisa smiled.

Before Jennie could reply, Yuri asked anxiously. “sister, what’s wrong with your voice?”

Lisa cleared her throat and said embarrassedly. “I seem to have caught a bit of a cold, my throat hurts.”

Hearing Lisa's voice, Jennie paused in the middle of pulling out a chair. After hearing the answer, she looked at Lisa with furrowed brows before replying after a few seconds. “I have some throat lozenges with me.” She shouldn’t have agreed to let Lisa sit next to her last night.

But before Lisa could reply, Yuri asked in surprise. “Teacher Kim, you caught a cold too?” Jennie's voice was even hoarser than Lisa's.

“Mm.” Jennie replied nasally.

“Then thank you, Teacher Kim.” Lisa had actually prepared her own medicine, but she didn’t want to reject any kindness that Jennie showed her. She asked in concern. “It seems even worse today, did you not drink what I gave you?”

“I’ll drink it today.” Jennie replied simply.

Lisa opened her mouth to speak but stopped herself. She wanted to persuade Jennie to take the medicine. Her gaze flickered to Youna, wanting to convince her to help, but she realised Youna's reaction was a bit odd —— her gaze was moving between her and Jennie, showing a bit of…… Doubt and ambiguity??

“Youna, help me heat up some water.” Jennie noticed it too, clearing her throat awkwardly.

“We have medicine, right?” She asked even though she knew the answer, hinting Youna to come back to her senses and not think about nonsense.

“Teacher Kim you really have cold?” Youna paused, doubtful.

“what else could it be?” Jennie raised an eyebrow, asking curtly.

She finally understood, getting up nervously. “Okay, we have medicine, I’ll go heat up some water.” She took two steps before asking: “Or should I get a doctor?”

“No need.” Jennie said lightly.

Lisa suspected Youna wasn’t fully awake, or how could she suddenly be so silly, was there a fake sickness? She tore open the bag and chewed on a bun before slowly freezing.