Episode 8

When she has work, Lisa would always wake up half an hour early since she needed to get her makeup done and make other necessary preparations. Remembering that there might be a chance to have breakfast with Jennie if she wakes up early the next day, when Lisa went to bed at night, she deliberately set the alarm clock half an hour earlier.

The alarm went off on time, and she was still in the state of half-asleep. Because she had a restless night and slept quite late, her entire mind was groggy when she was woken up. She mumbled to herself, her whole body refusing to get up. But with her eyes still closed, the name Jennie suddenly flashed through her mind like a pebble falling into a calm lake noiselessly, making wave after wave of ripples.

Lisa's mind became clear as she sat up and got out of bed.

She casually put on a jacket and went into the bathroom to do her morning routine. After freshening up a bit, she eagerly opened the door and went out.

It was quiet outside. On the sofa, Yuri tiled her head backward as she closed her eyes to rest. Through the windows with the curtains open, one could see that it was still early from the morning sky, the light of the dawn was faint and the cool breeze was gentle.

Hearing some movements, Yuri looked towards the source of the sound and grinned in greeting, “Lisa, you’re up so early, didn’t you sleep well?”

Lisa unconsciously frowned and stepped closer. Lowering her voice, she said, “Keep your voice down, don’t disturb Teacher Kim.”

Yuri put out her tongue out mischievously and replied with a smile, “I know, but Teacher Kim has already gone out.”

Lisa's body stiffened, she subconsciously looked towards the door to Jennie's room—— it was closed tightly with no possibility to see if there was anyone inside. The light in her eyes gradually dimmed, and she murmured, “So early……”

"Well, Teacher Kim happened to be out when I got here, it surprised me at the time. Teacher Kim told me that she still had jetlag so she went to the gym to run for a while as some morning exercise. She has been out for a while now,” Yuri said. Holding the clothes and other things beside her, she asked Lisa, “Krystal matched these last night and sent it to me, would you like to take a look?”

In the past, at Yang, Lisa had only one assistant by her side and the rest were shared with other artists. After signing the contract with Raven, Jisoo generously assigned her a team of her own and provided every set of clothes. In her previous life, she had worked with the team for three years, and they complemented each other well. Coincidentally, in this life, she signed a contract a year earlier, and Jisoo had assigned the same team members to her. Krystal, the designer and hair stylist, was still unknown at this time, and she didn’t know where Jisoo dug out this gold from.

Lisa slightly retracted her thoughts and swept a glance, nodding in agreement.

“Lisa, since you are awake, I will go down to pick some dishes, and then inform the hotel to send the food up.” Yuri put the clothes on  Lisa’s bed and seeing that the kettle was empty, she helped Lisa pour water and boil it. She then spoke out, “ Hana should also be prepared too.”  Hana was the makeup artist.

Lisa gave a soft “en”, her eyes fell on the white mist rising from the kettle, getting a little distracted…

Why did she go out when there was already a gym in the suite? Was it… that she didn’t want to meet with her more after last night’s episode?

The water in the kettle started to heat up to the boiling point, it started to make ‘plop plop’ sounds.

Lisa remembered Jennie's categorical refusal last night, and her heart sank and became colder to the freezing point amidst the plopping sound of water boiling.