Episode 6

When Lisa returned to the suite, the living room was silent and completely filled with darkness.

She closed the door gently and leaned against it as she stared at the closed door of Jennie's room in the dark. Her body and stomach had started to heat up from the drinks she had at the dinner party, and even her heart became fervent and restless.

Reunited after a long separation, she obviously had thousands and thousands words to tell, but she never had the opportunity. The number of times she spoke with Jennie today could be counted with both hands.

She quitely opened her handbag and took out a rectangular shaped box from it. Inside the box there was an exquisite chain bracelet, and in the center of the bracelet was a black and white jade panda tha looked quite adorable. She placed it on her palm and looked at it with the moonlight streaming through the window. Her eyes were filled with tenderness and unshed tears.

This was the gift she had personally designed for their sixth anniversary in her last life, but she didn’t have time to perfect it before soon losing the reason to give it. In this life, after she was reborn she sorted out the sketches and perfected the design. She immediately contacted the jewelry designer that Jennie was always fond of, and went off to France to participate in its production.

I want to give it to her. Thinking about her old life and all of her regrets, she turned around instinctively and wanted to head towards  Jennie's room.

A step forward, two steps…… Suddenly she stopped in her tracks. She raised her hands and sniffed both sides of her sleeves, on her lips was a blank smile.

The mixture of perfume and alcohol gave out quite an irksome stench.

I really must be drunk. At this hour, Nini must be resting.  Not to mention I would be disturbing her while I reek of alcohol, which she despises. Doesn’t she think that I’m annoying enough?

Lisa took a step back, with a heavy sigh and put the box back in her bag as she turned and walked to her room.

In the room with only a dim table lamp,  Jennie kept wiping her hair silently as she listened to Lisa's footsteps, accompanied only by the sound of her own heartbeat. It first came closer and nearer, and then distant and farther before gradually… the sound of the door closing.

She turned her head to look at the stomach pills lying quietly under the lamp. Letting out a faint sigh and resumed wiping her hair.

Lisa didn’t know the answer as to why Jennie liked pandas so much, come to think of it. She finished her shower and blew dry her hair, her thoughts slowly spreading out.

Seven years ago, after introducing a variety show about developing a group of foreign idols on a certain platform, several variety shows about cultivating idol groups were in full swing on various platforms and even on TV. However in the introduction of the program format, all the talents selected for the variety show were trainees from various companies who had already signed contracts. The formed group were limited to a contact lasting for a few years and they had a relatively large number of members. This led to conflicts and contradictions between the original agency of the group members and the brokerage company that later signed the group due to the division of interests. They even took the group to the court and ultimately made the group cease to exist except in name before the day of their disband. As a result, such variety shows often had a huge momentum during competitions, and after the buzz surrounding the participants had died down, they no longer made waves in the industry.

In the light of many lessons learned from others’ mistakes, Xin Technology, which had just emerged on the online video platform and was competing for the market, improved the program format and launched “Idol Creation Project”, a female group talent show. The program crew selected ninety nine female contestants who haven’t signed any contacts. After two months of training, through competitions and referendums the best three girls were selected, and they became the company’s next girl group.