Episode 19

The next morning, Lisa washed up and headed to the dining room for breakfast. Not long after that, Jennie also showed up in the dining room, much to Lisa's surprise. One had to know that Jennie had purposefully avoided showing up at the same time as her over the past few days.

Lisa was a little excited, but also a bit nervous. She greeted Jennie and watched as she slowly brewed her coffee, unable to contain herself, Lisa stuck up a conversation. "Aren't you going for your morning exercise today, Teacher Kim?"

Jennie filled the water container of the coffee machine, pausing for two seconds before she replied calmly. "I have adjusted to the time difference."

Lisa observed her expression before carefully probing. "So you are changing your exercise schedule now?"

"Mm." Jennie replied tersely.

"Changed to the evening?" Lisa continued asking.

"Mm."

"Then we won't have to go out separately anymore. We can go for runs together?" Lisa's eyes lit up as she tried to push her luck.

Jennie's eyes softened for a fleeting moment. She capped the container and turned on the power, glancing at Lisa as she said calmly. "Your milk is going to get cold."

Lisa understood that Jennie was implying that she was being too talkative, Lisa understood. She obediently quietened down and drank her milk, but she couldn't keep the smile off her face.

She could feel it. Although Jennie's demeanor remained aloof, compared to the icy coldness and barbed remarks of the past few days, her current indifference felt as warm as spring.

Moreover, when Jennie left with her coffee cup, she even broke precedent by showing concern. "Is the area that was burnt still red?"

Hearing that, Lisa's heart felt like there were fireworks going off.

"It's fine now, your medicine was very effective." Her tone was filled with unconcealable happiness.

Jennie's lips twitched slightly in a smile, as she left without saying anything else.

Yuri had witnessed the whole process, feeling even more shocked than if the sun had risen from the west. What kind of shady deal happened between Lisa and Teacher Kim that she didn't know about, for their relationship to improve so dramatically?

Before she can figure out how to investigate, she heard Lisa ask her out of the blue."Isn't the start of spring coming so soon?"

Yuri replied, bewilderment. "It's still a few months away?"

Lisa supported her chin as she looked in the direction Jennie left in, her smile gentle and affectionate. Seeing Yuri's clueless expression, she said in cheerful voice. "I'll give you some new year's money"

Yuri couldn't keep up with Lisa's erratic thought process.

Lisa chuckled and ruffled Yuri's hair, saying. "keep studying."

But she didn't even know that it was the new year.

Unfortunately, Lisa didn't have time to fully experience the warmth of spring that Jennie brought her, as she flew to Southern City that afternoon to prepare for the endorsement advertisement she would be shooting with international supermodel Jang Nian the next day

Wang Jiwon had managed to obtain this advertisement for her after she had signed with Raven. Lisa's ex-manager Yang soo hee had almost managed to sign a similar deal for her artist Han Ying. But because Lisa hadn't renewed her contract, Yang was already mad. Just as she thought she landed the deal, it slipped away, driving Yang even more crazier. She made veiled criticisms on social media for days, wishing someone would help her vent her frustration. Alas Wang Jiwon had already made her moves, causing only a minor splash but no real wave.