31

Confession

Lin Xuan walked out of the office with her textbooks in her arms. When she looked up, she saw Gu Langhao standing in a daze under a tree not far away.

He seemed to sense the sight from this side, looked up, and immediately showed a brilliant and romantic smile when he saw her, showing a natural youthful spirit.

The smile under the dappled sunlight seemed particularly bright and bright, and seemed to be more dazzling than the scorching sun.

Lin Xuan was stunned for a few seconds before walking over, "Why are you standing here?"

"My second uncle asked you to go to our house." Gu Langhao handed her a pear, which was orange and sweet at first glance.

"Thank you." Lin Xuan has been feeding him recently and has gotten used to it. She took the pear naturally and wiped it with her fingers while walking. "What did Secretary Gu want me to do?"

"Captain Chen is here too. It should be related to the recommended quota for the Workers, Peasants and Soldiers University." Gu Langhao paused and asked casually, "I heard from the villagers that you don't want this university quota."

"I don't want to." Lin Xuan blurted out without thinking, and then "crunched" and bit off the pear flesh. Mm, it's so sweet~

Gu Langhao didn't say anything else, and the two walked for a while in silence.

Lin Xuan chewed the pear heartlessly, and soon only the core was left on her hand. She threw the core into the small woods by the roadside, and then wiped her hands carefully with a handkerchief.

In the 1970s, there were no trash cans in the countryside, so food waste was thrown away like this.

Gu Langhao suddenly spoke at this time.

"I think you should think about it carefully. This is not just an opportunity to return to the city. You can also go to the Workers, Peasants and Soldiers University and become a college student. You can be assigned a better job in the future, instead of being a teacher who can only get centimeters in this small mountain village."

Lin Xuan heard his admiration for the university, and did not answer what he said. Instead, she asked curiously: "What about you? Do you want to go to college?"

Gu Langhao originally didn't want to.

This is the truth. He works as a tractor driver in the commune, earning 18 yuan a month. Compared with workers in the city, he may not earn much, but compared with people in the village, it is good enough.

After saving money for a few more years, he will probably be able to build a house in the village. He does not have any great ambitions. He is already satisfied with his current life and does not want to go to university for further studies.

However...

He lowered his eyes to look at Lin Xuan.

He happened to meet her clear and transparent eyes. Her beautiful and lively red phoenix eyes were shining with sparkling eyes. Every time she blinked, her slightly curled eyelashes would flutter up and down in a mysterious way, like a small fan gently brushing across the heart, a little itchy.

If Lin Xuan went to college and was assigned to work in the city after graduation, I would probably hardly see her again in my life.

Whenever he thought of this, Gu Langhao felt depressed and restless.

God knows how sad he felt when he persuaded her to go to college.

But she has better choices in the future, a broader world, it's a pity to be trapped in this small mountain village.