44

Building a house

In October, the mountains and rivers in the north are covered with snow, the leaves are withered and the branches are thin, the autumn wind has desolate the late autumn, showing the loneliness and desolation.

The busy and busy farming season has passed, and Gu Langhao plans to start building a house.

He checked a lot of information and finally decided to build a small three-bedroom house. Although he knew the future direction of the country and knew that he would mostly live in the city in the future, as a rural person, he always felt that he had to have a house of his own in Birch Village to feel at ease.

To build a house in the countryside, you only need to ask the village bricklayer to help with the work. You don't need to call for extra people from other places. In addition to paying the laborers' labor fees, the house owner is required to cook a meal for the laborers before the construction and when the house is completed.

There were about 20 villagers who came to help with the work. The day before the construction started, taking advantage of the National Day holiday, Gu Langhao and Lin Xuan rode to the commune's food store to buy five kilograms of pork belly and two kilograms of fat intestines, planning to make a delicious meal tomorrow.

At dawn, Lin Xuan got up and worked with Aunt Gu to prepare the opening meal of the house.

They prepared four meat dishes, braised pork, steamed pork intestines with rice flour, pickled fish and steamed basil intestines, four vegetarian dishes, a basket of steamed white flour buns and plenty of rice.

Aunt Gu was in charge of kneading the dough to make buns, while Lin Xuan was in charge of cooking.

The pork intestines were washed and marinated overnight with pepper powder, chili powder, Pixian bean paste, salt, MSG, soy sauce and cooking wine.

Lin Xuan added steamed meat rice flour to the marinated pork intestines four times and mixed them evenly so that each piece of pork intestines was coated with rice flour.

Peel and wash the freshly dug taro, cut into large pieces, add a little salt and MSG, mix well, put it in a basin as a base, put the fat intestines on top, put it in a high-pressure pot and steam it. Turn to low heat for one hour after the high heat.

The high pressure drives the valve to "huff and puff" and emit hot steam.

Lin Xuan started to work on another dish. She washed the pork belly, cut it into strips and put it in cold water to blanch it. After cooling, cut it into mahjong-sized pieces for later use.

After the pot is heated, add oil, sauté ginger slices, garlic, pepper and star anise, then pour in the pork belly and stir-fry until both sides are slightly charred, add cooking wine, soy sauce and rock sugar, stir-fry for a few times, then transfer to a sand pot, add appropriate amount of boiling water, and simmer for one hour on low heat.

Gu Langhao came in with a fresh sea bass and smelled the tempting aroma of meat. He swallowed silently and asked, "Xuanxuan, how do you prepare this fish?"

Lin Xuan was cutting pickled cabbage. Hearing this, she looked up at the fish that was still jumping around, "Slice the fish meat and chop the fish bones."

Cut the pickled cabbage, add wild pepper, young ginger, chili and other pickled vegetables and chop them.

Seeing that Gu Langhao had already prepared the fish meat, she poured oil into the pot, heated it, added green onions, ginger and garlic to stir-fry, then added all the pickled vegetables and fish bones to stir-fry, poured in cooking wine to cook and remove the fishy smell, and finally added boiling water to boil over high heat.