39

Purchasing in the county

After returning to Birch Manor, Guan Ruixue decided where to stay.

She lived in the captain's house, next to Gu's house. Guan Ruixue carried her luggage and followed Chen Qian back to the room in a daze.

Lin Xuan put all the things she bought into her new residence, which was Gu Langyue's room. She lived in the room on the left side of the main house. The room was large and seemed a bit empty.

There was a big kang against the wall on the right side of the room. There was a kang cabinet next to the kang, with bedding stacked on it. There was a set of high and low cabinets against the wall next to it, with gorgeous patterns painted on them. There was a set of desks and stools near the window. The whole room was very tidy.

Aunt Gu pointed to the brand new cabinet on the other side of the kang and said, "Xuanxuan, put your things here first. We have already asked a carpenter to build the wardrobe. It will be ready tomorrow. Then put it next to it."

Birch Village has many trees, so it is convenient and fast to make furniture.

Lin Xuan smiled: "Thank you, Second Aunt."

"It should be." Second Aunt Gu looked at her newly bought quilt on the kang and stepped forward to help enthusiastically, "Let's sew this quilt cover together, faster."

The two sat on the kang and sewed the quilt cover together. Lin Xuan followed her with needle and thread, not very skilled, "Second Aunt, Lang Hao and I are going to the county tomorrow. Is there anything you need us to bring?"

Second Aunt Gu: "That's great. I don't need anything else, just clothes and fabrics. You have a good eye. If you see something suitable, bring some back for me. I'll keep it for them to make new clothes."

"Okay." Lin Xuan teased, "Aunt, you've started preparing new clothes so early."

Aunt Gu: "No way, good materials are in great demand. During the New Year, we country folks can't compete with city folks."

Lin Xuan: "Aunt, do you want to buy anything else besides clothes?"

Aunt Gu thought about it and suddenly thought of, "There's one more thing. I heard from Chen Qian that what kind of white shoes are popular in the city recently?"

Lin Xuan immediately replied, "Are they Huili's white shoes?" She remembered that when she wore canvas shoes, Li Wenbing laughed at her for wearing imitations.

Aunt Gu nodded repeatedly, "Yes, that's it. If there are any for sale in the city, please help me buy a pair for Langyue and Langxing, and I will give you the shoe size later. Also, see what Langhao's sister-in-law needs."

Lin Xuan: "Okay, I'll keep an eye on it."

While the two were talking, the quilts had been sewn, all in military green. Lin Xuan folded the quilts and put them on the new kang cabinet, and then she lived in the Gu family.

Gu Langyue has a bold and carefree personality, a bit of a fearless tiger spirit and a middle school spirit. Although the two are five years apart, Lin Xuan is not a mature person, and her personality is still innocent. The two get along like sisters of the same age.

Aunt Gu and Uncle Gu are gentle and tolerant, Sister-in-law Gu is gentle and simple, and there is also the lovely Gu Tang and the quiet Gu Langxing, all of whom are very easy to get along with. Lin Xuan is still very happy living here, and there is nothing wrong.

Now she and Gu Langyue sleep on the same kang, which is much more spacious than the four female educated youths who were squeezed together before, and they don't have to wait for the other three to fall asleep at night. Gu Langyue may have consumed more energy during the day, or there is nothing to worry about, so she falls asleep as soon as she touches the bed every day.