57

Farm

In the cold winter months, the weather is getting colder and colder, and the temperature outside is estimated to be below zero.

It is the first time for Lin Xuan to spend the winter in the north. She can't stand the cold, so she wears thicker and thicker clothes when she goes out.

Gu Langhao often teases Lin Xuan: "You are wearing so much clothes, you look like a ball, and you will roll on the ground if you are touched."

Lin Xuan would drag her heavy body to hit him every time.

The snow piled up thicker and thicker. After the heavy snow, the village let the school have a holiday, and Lin Xuan and Gu Langxing no longer had to go out to class every day.

Gu Langhao's house has been renovated. The floor is paved with tiles, the walls are painted with latex paint, and the windows are equipped with glass. This is unique in Birch Village. The village is still using paper to paste windows. Seeing the clean and hygienic house, the villagers are very jealous.

Gu Langhao felt that it was a waste to leave the house there. After the furniture smelled, he moved in. He lived in the west wing with an independent bathroom, and the east wing became the place where the young people of the Gu family gathered during the day.

It was freezing outside, but the house was full of spring.

The kang was heated, and Lin Xuan, wearing only two pieces of clothes, was reading inside. Next to her was a kang cabinet with snacks and freshly made persimmon cakes on it.

The three siblings of the Gu family also sat on the kang, some reading and some doing homework.

Gu Langhao took a book about raising livestock, and after reading it, he tapped the cover of the book regularly, and then suddenly stopped, "What do you think about setting up a farm in our village next year?"

These days, he has looked up a lot of information and found that there were precedents of factories and farms contracted by the brigade during this period. For this kind of collective economy that generates income for villagers, the organization strongly supports it.

He read a lot of information and still felt that a farm was the most suitable for their team. There was a lot of land and few people here. When the time came, they could build a farm on a piece of land. The sweet potato vines, sweet potatoes, and pumpkins in the land would be enough as pig feed. They could also bring some pig feed back from modern times. The most important thing was that he had the scientific pig-raising method summarized by modern times.

He suddenly made this suggestion, and Gu Langyue was a little slow to react, "Huh?"

Gu Langxing also looked at him with doubtful eyes.

Lin Xuan immediately clapped her hands in approval, "I think it's great, it can generate income for the village, and when the village has money, it can improve the village's infrastructure, such as building roads, laying power lines and our school. I heard from my second uncle that there may be more students next year, and there is only one warehouse, which is not enough for classrooms."

She does have money, and she has the ability to build a few more classrooms for the children in the village. She is also very willing to do good things, but she has no right to take money to build a primary school, and she can't explain where the money comes from.

Gu Langyue looked suspicious: "Isn't this speculation?"

Gu Langhao explained: "This is collective economy. I saw in the newspaper that some brigades are engaged in collective economy. The farms are under the brigade. They are not personal property, so they are not speculation."