ch 22: lin vs oni (2)

---

Lin’s words were abruptly cut off as Park Gun, moving with blinding speed, closed the distance between them and delivered a devastating punch to Lin’s midsection. The impact was brutal, driving the air from Lin’s lungs and leaving him gasping, the pain shooting through his body like a lightning bolt. His vision blurred momentarily, and he staggered back, clutching his abdomen in a desperate attempt to regain his breath.

But Park Gun wasn’t about to let up. He pressed his advantage with ruthless efficiency, delivering a relentless combination of strikes, each one executed with deadly precision. Lin barely had time to raise his arms in defense before Gun’s fist crashed into his face, the force of the blow sending him reeling backward. The room seemed to spin as Lin fought to keep his balance, blood trickling from his split lip.

"You really thought you could match me?" Gun sneered, his voice cold and dripping with contempt. "You're just a weakling pretending to be strong."

Every strike Lin attempted was met with a swift and brutal counter, each one designed to push him further to the brink. Gun wasn’t just fighting to win he was toying with him, testing his limits, pushing him closer and closer to the edge of defeat. The difference in their strength was staggering, leaving Lin questioning how much longer he could hold on.

Gun’s laughter echoed through the room, harsh and mocking, as he landed a powerful kick to Lin’s side, sending him crashing to the ground. "Look at you," Gun said, his voice filled with disdain as he towered over Lin, who struggled to get back up. "You’re nothing."

Despite the excruciating pain coursing through his battered body, Lin refused to stay down. He couldn’t let it end here—not like this. Gritting his teeth, he forced himself to his feet, his legs trembling beneath him. His vision was clouded, his thoughts scattered, but the determination in his eyes remained unbroken.

"You… talk too much," Lin gasped, wiping the blood from his face. Despite everything, a flicker of defiance still burned within him. He knew he couldn’t match Gun’s raw power, but he could still fight. He could still try to turn the tide, even if it seemed impossible.

Gun’s smirk widened as he watched Lin struggle to stand. "Still trying to act tough? Pathetic." Without warning, Gun lunged at Lin again, his fists flying with merciless precision. Lin barely managed to block the first few strikes, but Gun’s relentless assault quickly overwhelmed him.

Another punch to the gut had Lin doubling over in pain, and before he could recover, Gun delivered a brutal knee to Lin’s chest, sending him crashing to the ground once more. Lin gasped, clutching his chest as he struggled to breathe, each breath a sharp, agonizing reminder of his injuries.

Gun bent down, grabbing Lin by the collar and lifting him off the ground with ease. "You don’t stand a chance against me," Gun hissed, his voice low and menacing. "This ends now."

As Gun drew back his fist for the final blow, something deep within Lin stirred once more. Despite the overwhelming pain and the crushing sense of defeat, a quiet, unyielding resolve began to take hold. He had come too far to lose now. He couldn’t let Gun win—not like this.

With a sudden burst of adrenaline, Lin twisted his body and slammed his head into Gun’s nose, catching him off guard. The unexpected move caused Gun to loosen his grip just enough for Lin to break free.

Lin staggered back, gasping for breath, but he didn’t stop. He couldn’t afford to. With every ounce of strength he had left, Lin charged at Gun, throwing a wild punch aimed at Gun’s jaw. Gun dodged it effortlessly, but Lin anticipated his move. In one swift motion, Lin shifted his stance, sweeping Gun’s legs out from under him and sending him crashing to the ground.

Gun hit the floor hard, but quickly rolled to his feet, his eyes blazing with fury. "You’re starting to annoy me," he growled, wiping the blood from his nose.

Lin was panting heavily, his body battered and bruised, but he wasn’t backing down. "Good," he spat, his voice hoarse but defiant. "I’m just getting started."

Gun's expression darkened as he slowly rose to his feet. "You're a fool if you think you can win."

Lin clenched his fists, steeling himself for what was to come. The gap between their strength was vast, but Lin knew that if he could hold on just a little longer, find just one opening, he could turn the tables.

But Gun wasn’t about to let that happen. With a roar of fury, he launched himself at Lin, moving faster than ever before. Lin braced himself, knowing this was it—the final clash. Gun's fist came at him like a speeding bullet, and Lin barely managed to sidestep, the force of the punch grazing his cheek.

Before Lin could counter, Gun grabbed him by the arm and twisted, forcing him to his knees. Lin grimaced in pain, but Gun wasn’t finished. He slammed his knee into Lin’s face, sending him sprawling across the floor, blood spraying from his nose.

Lin's body screamed in agony, his strength all but gone. He lay on the cold ground, vision fading, as Gun stood over him, his expression a mixture of rage and contempt.

"Stay down," Gun ordered, his voice cold as steel. "You’ve lost."

Lin coughed, spitting out blood as he struggled to lift his head. "I... don’t... know how to quit," he rasped, forcing himself onto his hands and knees. His entire body trembled from exhaustion, but his spirit remained unbroken.

Gun stared down at Lin, his fury slowly giving way to something else—admiration, perhaps? But whatever it was, it was fleeting. He clenched his fist, ready to end it once and for all.

With one final, devastating punch, Gun delivered the finishing blow. Lin’s world went black as his consciousness faded.

Gun stood over Lin’s unconscious body, a small smirk on his face. "My real self would have loved to fight you," he said, turning to leave. But before he could take another step, a voice stopped him.

"Thanks. Thank you for helping me awaken this power," Lin said, his voice steady as he slowly rose to his feet, a new energy coursing through his veins.

Gun turned back, shock flashing across his face as he saw Lin standing tall his eyes black and pupil white.

"Congratulation user has unlocked UI"

---

Chapter ends here

---

A/N: should i give lin the plot armour

YES

NO