ch 11 : enroll in j high (3/4)

---

As Lin settled into bed, the system's voice broke the silence. "Can you... give me a name?"

Before Lin could answer, a memory flashed in his mind—he saw a girl asking him the same question. In that memory, he had given her the name Isol.

The system gently shook him awake. "Is something wrong?"

Lin shook his head, trying to clear the lingering confusion. "No, nothing’s wrong. I was just thinking—what about the name Isol?"

The system paused, considering the name. "I like it. Isol it is."

Lin smiled, feeling a sense of satisfaction. "Then it’s settled. Welcome, Isol."

---

The next day, Daniel headed to the salon where Eli worked, just like in the original story. After getting his haircut, he decided to wander around for a bit. As he admired his reflection in a nearby mirror, he noticed a girl standing off to the side, staring at him. She had a curious and gentle expression, and Daniel, wanting to be polite, smiled at her.

Mira returned the smile, but it didn’t go unnoticed. Zack, standing nearby, saw the exchange and felt a surge of anger. Without hesitation, he stormed over to Daniel, his fists already clenched in frustration.

“Hey! Who do you think you are, smiling at her like that?” Zack growled, his voice laced with hostility.

Daniel blinked, taken aback by the sudden aggression. “I was just being polite—”

“Shut up!” Zack interrupted, his patience snapping. Without another word, he launched a punch aimed straight at Daniel’s face.

Daniel’s body reacted on instinct. He leaned back just in time, the punch narrowly missing his chin. Zack’s eyes widened in surprise, but he quickly recovered, moving into a boxing stance. He followed up with a rapid series of jabs, each punch aimed with precision and force.

But to Zack’s frustration, Daniel dodged every single one. It was as if Daniel could read Zack’s moves before he even made them. Zack’s anger only grew as his punches hit nothing but air, his opponent effortlessly evading every strike.

Determined to land a hit, Zack threw a powerful right hook, but Daniel sidestepped it with ease. Then, in a fluid motion, Daniel grabbed Zack’s outstretched arm and twisted it, using Zack’s momentum against him. With a swift, practiced movement, Daniel flipped Zack upside down, his training in Aikido coming into play.

Zack’s world spun as he was suddenly lifted off his feet and slammed onto the ground, his back hitting the floor with a loud thud. The breath was knocked out of him, and he lay there, dazed and disoriented, unable to comprehend how he had been so easily overpowered.

Daniel stood over him, calm and collected, his grip still firm on Zack’s arm to keep him pinned down. “I don’t want to fight,” Daniel said, his voice steady. “But I won’t let you bully me, either.”

Zack struggled to get up, but the pain in his back and the shock of being so effortlessly defeated kept him down. Finally, he stopped resisting, realizing he couldn’t win.

Mira, who had witnessed the entire scene, hurried over, concern etched on her face. “Zack, are you okay?” she asked, her voice full of worry.

Zack winced as he tried to sit up, his pride more wounded than his body. He glared at Daniel, but there was no mistaking the fear in his eyes. “You got lucky,” he muttered, trying to save face.

Daniel let go of Zack’s arm and stepped back, giving him space to stand. “Maybe,” Daniel replied, his tone neutral. He didn’t know who Zack and Mira were, but he could tell he had just made an impression.

As Zack and Mira left, Daniel watched them go, still processing what had happened. He didn’t understand why Zack had been so angry.

As Daniel was lost in thought, reflecting on the encounter, he felt a hand rest on his shoulder. Startled, he turned around to see Lin standing there, a small smirk on his face.

“You did great,” Lin remarked casually, “but you’re still too soft.”

Daniel blinked, still processing everything. “Umm... what do you mean?” he asked, his voice tinged with confusion.

Lin chuckled, shaking his head slightly. “I’ve been around you for quite a while now, Daniel. You didn’t hit him because of that girl, right?”

Daniel’s eyes widened slightly, surprised by how easily Lin had seen through him. He looked away, his expression thoughtful. “I just... didn’t want to hurt him,” Daniel admitted quietly. “Especially not in front of her.”

Lin sighed, crossing his arms as he studied Daniel. “That’s what I mean by soft. You’re holding back because of other people. In a fight, you can’t afford to worry about what others think. If you do, it might cost you.”

Daniel frowned, thinking over Lin’s words. “But... I don’t want to be someone who fights just to hurt others,” he said, his voice firm. “I don’t want to lose myself in that.”

Lin’s smirk softened into something more thoughtful. “I get it. I’m not saying you should go around hurting people for no reason. But if you’re going to survive in this world, you need to know when to hold back and when to give it your all. Otherwise, you’ll always be a step behind.”

Daniel nodded slowly, understanding Lin’s point. “I’ll keep that in mind,” he said, his resolve strengthening.

Lin gave him a reassuring pat on the back. “Good. Just remember, Daniel: strength isn’t just about power—it’s about knowing when and how to use it. You’ve got potential, but you need to toughen up if you want to make it through.”

Daniel nodded again, feeling a mix of gratitude and determination. He still had a lot to learn, but with Lin’s guidance, he knew he could get stronger.

The night had settled in, casting a quiet stillness over the city. While most were asleep, Lin remained wide awake, deep in thought. The room was dimly lit, only the soft glow from his phone screen illuminating his face as he lay on his bed.

"Did Daniel receive the second body, Isol?" Lin asked, his voice breaking the silence.

Isol’s voice echoed softly in his mind. "There’s a 98% chance he did," she replied with confidence.

Lin nodded, a slight smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "Then I should go and give him a visit," he decided, already getting up and grabbing his jacket.

Isol’s presence lingered in his mind, her tone curious yet supportive. "Are you planning to check on him personally?"

"Yeah," Lin answered as he headed toward the door. "I need to see how he’s handling it. This is a big turning point for him, and I want to make sure he’s on the right track."

As he stepped out into the cool night air, Lin’s thoughts were focused.