ch 21 : Lin vs oni

Lin stepped into the dungeon, the atmosphere thick with tension. The long, dimly lit corridor stretched before him, lined with countless doors, each marked with a number. It felt like an eerie maze, each door hiding a potential threat. As he glanced around, his eyes locked onto the door labeled "1."

Pushing it open, Lin found himself in a room that resembled a prison cell—cold, small, and unsettling. Before he could fully take in his surroundings, he sensed movement behind him. Instinctively, Lin dodged to the side just as a man lunged at him. Without missing a beat, Lin spun around and delivered a powerful roundhouse kick, knocking the attacker out cold. The man crumpled to the ground and, to Lin’s surprise, disintegrated into nothingness.

"That was too easy," Lin muttered to himself, feeling a bit underwhelmed.

"They’re not your real opponents," the system’s robotic voice echoed in his mind. "Your true challenge lies with the dungeon boss."

Hearing this, Lin’s resolve hardened. He moved through the corridor, entering room after room. Each time, more men appeared—stronger, faster, but still no match for him. His movements were precise, each punch and kick delivered with lethal efficiency. The further he progressed, the tougher his opponents became, but Lin didn’t slow down. He took them all down, one by one, until he finally reached the last door.

Opening it, Lin stepped into a large chamber. The air was thick with the scent of sweat and blood. In the center of the room, on top of a pile of bodies—each one of them the men Lin had just defeated—sat a familiar figure, exuding an aura of confidence and menace.

"Park Gun," Lin whispered, recognizing him instantly.

Park Gun’s eyes gleamed with a dark intensity as he slowly stood up, his lips curling into a sinister smile. “You’ve made it this far, Lin,” he said, his voice dripping with malice. “But this is where it ends.”

Lin smirked, feeling the adrenaline course through his veins. "We’ll see about that," he replied, tightening his fists.

The real fight was just beginning.

Lin's feet felt rooted to the ground as he locked eyes with Park Gun, who stood before him, smirking with unshaken confidence. The room was charged with anticipation, each breath heavy with the weight of what was about to unfold.

"So, you're the one they sent to challenge me?" Park Gun taunted, his voice dripping with disdain. "I expected more."

Lin's expression remained calm, but his eyes flashed with determination. "Keep underestimating me," he replied, his voice steady. "You'll regret it."

Park Gun chuckled darkly, a sound that sent a chill down Lin's spine. "We'll see."

With that, the fight erupted.

From the moment the battle started, Lin was on the defensive. Park Gun moved with a precision and speed that were almost impossible to keep up with. Each strike came with lethal intent, and Lin found himself barely able to block or dodge in time. Every hit he took sent shockwaves through his body, the pain intensifying with each passing second.

Gun's smirk only widened as he effortlessly dodged Lin's counterattacks. "Is this really all you've got?" he sneered, sending Lin crashing into the wall with a brutal sidekick. "You're nothing compared to me."

Lin groaned, wiping the blood from his mouth as he pushed himself back to his feet. His ribs ached with every breath, and the sharp pain threatened to overwhelm him. He had never felt so outmatched.

off, something deep inside Lin began to stir-a cold, calculating voice echoing in his mind.

"You're not done yet, Lin."