iv

emma.

𝔼𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕒 𝕨𝕠𝕜𝕖 𝕦𝕡 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕕𝕒𝕪, 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕒 𝕤𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕠𝕟 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕖. The brunch had been so much fun, she'd met a handful of Wade's friends, who were apparently big in the world-saving business. Colossus was her favorite, such a sweet man who laughed at her jokes, despite how terrible they may have been.

They were really bad.

She felt relief, as while telling one of these terrible jokes, she was able to sneakily return Wade's money, hiding the envelope away in a cookie jar.

Aw, pumpkin, I most definitely knew.

Rising from her comfy bed, she giggled to herself as she walked over to the shower, smiling as she turned on the hot water. Her mind drifted to Logan, who'd been so inviting the day before. They talked for hours, laughing about shared interests and while he did argue with Wade, as seemingly everyone did, he kept things civil.

No insults, or sour face.

He seemed more relaxed yesterday, and she thought it suited him. Stripping away her PJs, she stepped into the hot water, humming to herself at the warmth.

Estrella had draped a robe over herself upon exiting the shower, the scent of cherry blossom filled the room, as she combed through her wet hair.

Showers were always a source of peace for the young girl, who loved the feeling of running water washing away the day, whether it had been good or bad. The smell of her products was sweet and felt comforting, though this comfort was short-lived as her thoughts were interrupted. The loud alarm of her phone sounded, vibrating against the counter as the Kim Possible theme song blared.

"Hello?" She asked, "Hi, pumpkin?" Wade's voice sang.

"Hi, Wade." She smiled before pausing, "Um, not that I mind at all, but h-how did you get my number?"