xvii

Rain, Truth or Dare, and Phone calls. 

𝔻𝕠𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒 𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕣𝕥, 𝕛𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕣𝕥, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕥𝕤, 𝔼𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕒 𝕨𝕒𝕝𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕖. She'd thrown yet another leather jacket overtop, seeing as Autumn weather wasn't very warm.

The Martinez girl had woken up to the sound of rain hitting her window, the skies painted a dark shade of gray. All her life, she'd loved rainy weather. Aside from her deep-rooted love of the film 'Twilight', she found the atmosphere incredibly comforting.

Bella? wHeRe YoU bEeN, lOcA?

The sound of rain was melodic to her, like a gentle drum beating slowly.

She grabbed a cart on her way in, shaking off the water droplets from her sparkly umbrella as she folded it down, placing it into the cart.

The grocery store wasn't empty, but it also wasn't full. People were walking around, some scanning aisles, while the others were mindlessly wandering the stores, a handful of employees stacking empty shelves.

Digging through her purse, she quickly retrieved her list of items.

Estrella, despite beginning her second job in a few days, had always budgeted. She simply couldn't afford not to, New York was incredibly expensive to live in, and although her apartment was on the cheaper side, that didn't mean that gas or food prices didn't put a dent in her bank account.

Skimming through her list, she made her way through the aisles, checking off each and every item in her list, which included a pack of Diet Coke.

Pumpkin has priorities.

Although she made sure to get the cheapest food possible, she was still a firm believer in treating yourself.

To Estrella, that meant fueling her caffeine addiction.