i

pilot.

       𝔼𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕒 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕨𝕒𝕝𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜 𝕒𝕥 𝟟 𝕒𝕞, 𝕥𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒 𝕥𝕒𝕕 𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕔𝕙𝕪. Adjusting her work uniform, a blue mini vest with cursive stitching that read Gulp N' Go, as she stepped behind the counter of the store. The small girl sat on a stool, adjusting the height to reach the cash register as she began to spin in place. Business in the mornings was usually slow.

The girl sat there, with nothing to do for the next two hours.

She'd cleaned the store days prior and organized merchandise the night before. The aisles were nothing short of perfection, and the floors were shiny. She'd always been excellent at cleanliness. Humming to herself, she sipped on her large diet coke, amber brown eyes scanning the various posters within the establishment as though they were the most interesting things in the world.

The bell chimed as in walked an older man, his white hair peaking from underneath his baseball cap. This interaction didn't last long though, as he wordlessly purchased a pack of smokes and left without so much as a glance in Estrella's direction. She only smiled as he walked away, content to be left in peace.

I know what you were thinking. Stan Lee Cameo? Nah, not this chapter!

This peace didn't last long.

Oooooo. This is where things get good.

Another bell chimed, as in walked a man in red spandex. Well, more like he pranced into the store. Estrella glanced up, spotting the oddly dressed man, her eyes widening as she spotted the katanas adorning his back. She bit back a gasp as she averted her eyes. Minding her business has gotten her this far.

She could hear the man humming to himself, as he wandered the store.

She attempted to distract herself by mindlessly reading a magazine. Scanning the pages as she admired the mini skirts and lip gloss advertisements.

The man in red spandex didn't take long, as he skipped giddily to the counter, rocking back and forth on his heels. Estrella looked up quickly, locking eyes with the masked man, who only appeared to smile beneath said mask.

"Well, hello there. How are you on this fine morning?" He asked. Estrella began to scan the items, lots of sour candy, two cases of beer, and a unicorn plushie. The items were a complete contrast to the violent-looking man who towered over her. 

"Good, and yourself?" She smiled, her tone weary. "Oh, honey. I'm just peachier than a peach cobbler." He stated, sassily. To this, she nodded, "That'll be $13.94, Mr...?" She trailed off, realizing she'd not gotten his name. "Oh, it's Deadpool, but my friends call me Poolie." He reached into his fanny pack, pulling out a fifty-dollar bill. "Do they really?" She stifled a laugh, processing his bill and getting his change. "No, unfortunately not." He sighed, eyeing her hand as she held out his exact change.