grumpy dad vibes.

𝔼𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕒 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕕𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕎𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕚𝕟𝕧𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕒 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕗𝕦𝕝 𝕠𝕗 𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤, 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕫 𝕘𝕚𝕣𝕝 𝕙𝕒𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕒 𝕤𝕠𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕎𝕒𝕕𝕖'𝕤 𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕 𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕡 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕓𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕒 𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥.

Maybe it was the way they treated each other like family, a very dysfunctional family, but family nonetheless. Or perhaps it was the way they all had something in common, whether it be their mutations, or their interests, sometimes even their jobs.

We are one big, semi-happy, relatively dysfunctional, bunch of sappy fucks.

She couldn't place why exactly she felt at ease around the strange bunch.

She merely enjoyed seeing them attempt to enter the apartment, all at once. Estrella stifled a laugh when Colossus nearly ripped the door off its hinges.

Logan, on the other hand, was entirely antisocial and grew increasingly irritated at Wade.

He'd been enjoying a quiet evening with his sort-of daughter and Estrella, who'd left him pleasantly surprised.

Her open-mindedness and pure acceptance left the older man with a warm feeling in his chest.

Still, Wade being his annoying fucking self, had to go and invite half of New York over. Blind Al and Yukio were the only ones in the group that the Wolverine could tolerate.

Ouch, peanut. I thought we had something special, I really did.

Colossus was far too gentlemanly, too well-mannered for Logan to even stomach, and the goth chick Yukio was dating could be such a pain in the ass when she spoke, that was.

Still, he bit his tongue, refraining from throwing any insults, casual or otherwise, at Wade.

Star was here, and so he did his best to seem cordial, or at the very least, semi-gentlemanly.