Chapter 1

It has been two years since the Cullen family has moved to Forks, Washington. It was just after Christmas and the start of a new semester when rumors started flying around Forks about the Chief of Police's daughter moving into town to stay with her dad. Today was apparently the day she was supposed to start at the high school.

Karlee already ate breakfast and was now using her powers over the flowers in the living room. She collected all the bouquets for Carlisle to take to the hospital for the patients since she changed the flowers in the house. The Cullens kept cheap vases from the dollar store in the attic for when Karlee  sends flowers with Carlisle. Karlee was the one in charge of the flowers in the house...mainly because she did it anyway and when she was 6 someone changed the flowers and Karlee threw a tantrum over it. So now Karlee does the flowers. Alice sometimes adds a few different flowers to the room, but overall Karlee did everything. She normally would keep the same flowers for a long time and use her powers to keep them healthy and vibrant until she decided to change them out, which is when she would collect them all, make sure they are healthy and vibrant, and then send them to work with Carlisle.

Emmett walked in with Rosalie and they saw the new flowers around the living room. "The flowers look beautiful, sweet pea." Emmett says

"Thanks, Daddy." Karlee says with a smile.

"You ready for school, baby?" Rosalie asks

"Ugh. No. Why can't I be homeschooled again?"

"Because you have control over your powers now."

"And you've been going to public school for two years." Emmett adds.

"Plus it helps me when you're there." Jasper adds as he walks in with Alice.

Karlee stands and skips over to Jasper with a smile.

"That's just cuz I'm your favorite." Karlee says with a cheeky smile.

Jasper chuckles. "You are. When you are around I don't really notice anyone else's emotions but yours."

"Ha. I'm special." Karlee says to the others with a cheeky smile.

"You definitely are." Emmett says with an amused smile, causing Karlee to send a small glare at him as Rosalie smacks his arm. "What? She is." Emmett defends.

Karlee gets a mischievous look in her eye and smirks. Rosalie notices the look on her daughter's face and steps away from Emmett. Fairydust appears above Emmett's head before a bunch of water splashes down on him, soaking him completely. Emmett sputters in shock as Karlee laughs. 

"Karlee!" Emmett says

"Yes Daddy?" Karlee asks innocently as she giggles.

"Why did you do that?"

"I have no idea what you mean." Karlee says in faux confusion with a slight head tilt.

Carlisle and Esme walked in at that moment. "What's going...on?" Carlisle trails off seeing a soaking wet Emmett and a giggling Karlee.

"Hi grandpa. I think a pipe broke in the house somewhere. Daddy got completely soaked." Karlee cheekily says

"Yeah. A pipe broke. Water magically appeared over my head from a pipe breaking." Emmett grumbles sarcastically.

"Oh stop complaining and go change, Emmett. You laugh when she does stuff like that to everyone else." Rosalie says with an eye roll.

"Yeah. It's funny then. She isn't supposed to do it to me. She's a daddy's girl." Emmett says to Rosalie.

"I'm sorry, Daddy." Karlee says with a pout as she looks down at the floor as if she were upset that he was upset at her.

Emmett looks at Karlee and sighs. "It's fine, sweet pea. I'm going to change." Emmett says before he kisses Karlee's forehead and speeds upstairs and Karlee lifts her head and smiles widely at the rest of her family after he leaves the room.