Prologue 2

Karlee was 6 months old and sitting in a high chair while Emmett was trying to feed her some baby food.

"She doesn't like the regular peas, Emmett. She won't eat that. You have to give her the jar with green beans and asparagus to get her to eat peas." Rosalie says

Emmett put the jar down and turned to Rosalie. "She'll eat it for me. She's a daddy's girl."

"She'll throw it at you." Rosalie deadpans

"No. My little princess would ne--" Emmett starts to say but it cut off by baby food hitting him in the face and a giggling Karlee. He looks at her with shocked eyes as she giggles and claps her messy hands together.

"Told you so." Rosalie says with a smirk. Rosalie walks over, grabbing a jar of peas, asparagus, and green bean puree baby food, and sits next to Emmett as she opens the jar and begins to feed Karlee. Karlee happily eats the food her mother was feeding her, even opening her mouth for more. 

"What?! That is so not fair!" Emmett complains.

Rosalie laughs as she keeps feeding a happy Karlee.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Carlisle and Esme were babysitting a 13-month-old Karlee. Karlee was with Esme in the kitchen. Esme was cooking to drop off food at a shelter, while Karlee was sitting in her high chair watching her with a toy in her hand. After getting bored with her toy, Karlee started using her powers to make the different kitchen tools that Esme needed float behind her. 

"Where is that whisk?" Esme says while looking for it. "Oh well. I'll just use the spatula," she starts to say before noticing the spatula is gone to. "Where is the spatula? I put it right here."

Carlisle walks in and tries not to laugh when he sees a spatula and whisk floating around with fairydust surrounding them behind his mate.

"What's going on?" Carlisle asks highly amused.

"I can't find the spatula or whisk. I had them out to use and now I can't find them." Esme says and Carlisle laughs. "It's not funny."

"Oh. It definitely is. Look behind you, my love." He says and she turns around as Carlisle picks up Karlee. Esme sees the whisk and spatula she was looking for floating around surrounded by fairydust. "Seems our granddaughter can be quite mischievous." Carlisle says while tickling Karlee's tummy, causing her to laugh.

"Oh, you cheeky girl. Can I have the whisk and spatula back please?" Esme asks Karlee. Karlee makes the whisk and spatula go back to the counter and the fairydust around them disappears. "Thank you, Karlee." Esme says before she kisses Karlee's forehead.

"I'll go play with her in the living room so you can cook in peace." Carlisle says before kissing Esme and walking into the living room with Karlee in his arms.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Emmett and Jasper were wrestling in the yard when 18-month-old Karlee woke up from her nap. Rosalie went in to get her from her crib. 

"Mama!" Karlee exclaimed happily when she saw Rosalie.

"Hi, baby. Did you have a nice nap?" Rosalie asks as she picks Karlee up. Karlee laid her head on Rosalie's shoulder with a nod. "Should we go find daddy?"

Karlee immediately lifted her head up and exclaimed, "Dada! Dada! Dada!"

Rosalie chuckled. "Okay. We'll go find him. I think he is outside with Uncle Jasper."

"Ja! Ja!" Karlee says, calling for Jasper.

Rosalie laughs again and walks out of the room with Karlee in her arms. They walk downstairs and out onto the back porch where they see Emmett and Jasper wrestling. Jasper pins down Emmett and Karlee laughs, gaining attention from the boys.