chapter sixteen: dreams

A/N's

This chapter also includes some NSFW content. (Nothing too spicy ... yet 😉)

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Lexi

Through all the things that happened this semester, I flew by the thought that graduation was only a month away. The cool crisp air of fall turned into the icy breezes of winter and slowly warmed back up to spring. The flowers around the campus were starting to bloom again after being in hiatus for the cold months. I tried my hardest to make sure that I was on top of my grades, no matter how bad my mental got dealing with Bakugo. For the whole winter that we weren't speaking to each other, I buckled down on school, using that to distract myself. Luckily, it worked in my favor. With only a few more finals to do, graduating was in the bag for me. After the long four years here, I was excited about graduating, but sad that after graduation, I wouldn't be able to re-live my college days again.

Hanging out with Mina and Jiro in the apartment...

spending time with the guys, being stupid with no regrets...

just living life carefree without worrying about the hardships that comes with being an adult.

I wouldn't say that the past four years weren't for nothing; I learned a lot, but there were still some things I needed to figure out.

One of them being where me and Bakugo stood.

The time we spent not speaking to each other made me realize how much I cared about him. He was always there for me in my darkest times and even helped me through them. He was the best friend I could ever ask for. But I didn't want to be just 'best friends' with him. I wanted more. Despite having the thought of Bakugo hurting me, I still wanted him in my life as more than just a friend. I wanted him to be mine. I wanted to live through the rest of life having more experiences with him. I wouldn't say that I wanted him to be my husband or the father of my kids just yet, but I wasn't opposed to the thought of it. We were merely 'friends with some benefits' at this point. Yes, we've kissed, shared a couple of intimate moments together, but nothing beyond that. It was confusing to explain to myself where and what we were.

Were we ever just meant to be friends?

Were we more than that now?

Ugh, it's confusing just thinking about it.

As much as I wanted to find the answer to the never-ending questions on my mind about us, I didn't want to rush things and scare him off. Based off the type of person Bakugo is, I knew that he wouldn't want to be forced to do or say anything that he truly didn't mean. That's just not like him. I huffed, knowing that now was not the time to ask him where we stood. I just needed to be patient; "go with the flow" as Sero would always say.

I picked up my phone, still wanting to text Bakugo. I couldn't tell him what I wanted us to be, but I didn't want to look desperate at the same time.

I'll play it cool. Just ask him if he's excited about graduation.

can you believe that graduation is only a month away?

After a few minutes, he responded back.

BAKUGO 🧡:

I know. I can't believe it's almost here. I'm so damn ready for this.

somebody's excited lol 😂

BAKUGO 🧡:

Damn straight! I'm finally graduating!

awe, me too! but don't you feel kinda sad about it? It is bittersweet, don't you think? 🥹