Chapter 5

"Miss Jung!!!"

       Children were crying and screaming outside in the play area of the kindergarten. It was a beautiful warm sunny day today. A lot of children were running around playing soccer ball or playing tag. Some of them played with toys (or fought over toys) with each other.

        Raon came running to the boys who were fighting over a toy.

"Hey hey, come on you guys stop!"

       Neither of the two boys was listening to them. One of them pushed the other away. "Hey, Daeho, you don't do that to your friends" Raon separated the boys and scrunched down to their eye level.

"But I have the truck first" the little lad pouted, at the brink of tears. "Youngjae suddenly came and took it away"

"Okay okay. Why don't we do this?" Raon smiled at both of them. "Youngjae, what toy do you have there?"

       Youngjae looked down at his hand, which was holding a toy excavator.

"Great! Why don't you lend yours to Daeho? And then Youngjae can get the truck, that way both of you could play together" Raon suggested. Daeho pouted and gave the truck to Youngjae. The two boys exchanged toys with a pout but later smiled when immersed in their little game.

     Raon retook her seat at the bench while watching the children play. A few minutes later, playtime ended. The children went inside again. Raon took her place in front of the noisy class once she made sure everyone was inside again.

"Class, you know what time it is" Raon clasped her hands together, looking at the rest of the class. The class cheered as they knew it was time for her to read them a story.

"Who wants to pick a story today?" she asked, immediately making the kids jump up.

"Me please Miss Jung!"

"Me"

"Me"

      They all chanted, wanting to choose a story. Raon smiled and chose one. "Why don't Haruna pick for us today?"

        The little girl was already jumping up and down in excitement. She ran to the bookshelf at the back of class and took a book. She ran up to her teacher and gave the book before sitting at her place again.

"Thank you, Haruna" Raon took the book. She took a seat in front of the class. "Today our story is... When I Was a Pirate by Tom Silson"

        The children cheered. Raon paused. Pirate... Her mind drifted off to the memory of last night with the one-eyed stranger in her room. She smiled and turned her attention again to the children, and began reading the story to them.

* * *

      In the heart of the bustling metropolis, a corporate building sat tall and proud. People rushed through the corridors as they passed by. They carried on talking about their important work. As usual.

      At the top level of the building stood the Chairman's office, with expansive floor-to-ceiling windows offering panoramic views of the city skyline. At the right side of the room was a small seating area of plush sofas and armchairs, arranged around a low coffee table. The wall was lined with bookcases with numerous thick volumes and reports. At the left side of the room was the polished modern desk. At the end of the table laid stacks of documents arranged neatly. Behind the desk was a high-backed chair with someone sitting in it. He was staring blankly at the window. The sky was cloudy and the sun was nowhere in sight.

       A gentleman made his way into the room after knocking on it. His suit was black and perfectly pressed. He had his hair combed neatly, and his eyes were set in a firm yet soft look. He reached the desk and stood there with his hands held together. "You call for me, sir?"

"Yes," the chair spun around to reveal the man seated in it. His long fingers tapped against the glass desk as he looked at his loyal assistant.

"Is it about the company or..." "Our other business" "Alright I'm all ears, sir" the assistant replied.

        The man on the chair put his hand down near a nameplate that read 'Chairman Lee'. Minho leaned in his seat. "Yeonjun, can you-"

"But before that, sir" the assistant, Yeonjun stopped the gentleman. "With all due respect, sir" he glanced around to make sure no one would hear them. Yeonjun snorted, losing his perfect visual from earlier. He put his hands on his waist, leaning forward slightly as he glared at his boss. "Where the fuck were you the other night we got away from Dr. Do's place?!"

        Minho remained calm and composed, not even flinching. It was usual for his assistant to nag him.

"I thought you fucking died, idiot!" Yeonjun continued nagging his boss. The assistant rolled his eyes.

        Minho shrugged his shoulders, ignoring Yeonjun's words. "But I survived so yeah"

        Yeonjun sighed in frustration. If only the chairman would listen more to his pieces of advice and actions. No matter how much he nagged him the chairman just ignored him like nothing happened. He didn't understand why his boss refused to listen to him. All he did was try his best to protect him.

"Anyway, I have something for you" Minho changed the subject soon before Yeonjun could throw another verbal attack at him. "Look into someone for me"

"Who is it this time?" "I don't know that's why I need you to look into it" "No I mean what has this person done to you that you need me to look into this person"

"But remember, no one should know about this"

"Ahh" Yeonjun crossed his arms in front of his chest with an amused look. "So it's a girl. Which maiden has stolen your heart this time?"

            Minho glared at Yeonjun. The latter was just being dramatic because the guy always loved girls. This request was not the first time. Yeonjun reluctantly took out his tab, ready to take note of the information he would receive.

"Jung Raon" Minho said. His voice was serious and stern, the tone wasn't the usual playful one. Yeonjun raised his brows in question. His boss was being serious, which was rare if he was talking about girls.

"She must've done something really bad that you're looking for this woman, huh?" Yeonjung tried to get more information.

"Nah" Minho leaned in his seat, spinning it around. Yeonjun was the only person he could do something childish with. Beside him, he had no one close to him.

"I just feel indebted to her. She helped me the other night. You know I can't just let this thing slide"

           The assistant nodded silently, taking notes. And there he thought his boss was being serious for once about girls. Although he knew Minho did not like feeling indebted to someone, he couldn't help taking that as an excuse for him to get the girl.

          Minho continued to give Raon's information to Yeonjun and he took it down.

"Alright, I'll let you know when I find a way for you to help her" Yeonjun finished writing it all. "And don't worry, I'll be very discreet."

          Minho laughed a bit. "I know I can always count on you"

          Yeonjun scoffed before bowing and exiting the room.

-------------------

A/N: New chapters will be uploaded every Fri and Sunday at 8 pm (>ᴗ•) !