Chapter 2

The rundown hotel was empty as it was years abandoned ago. The walls were stained with graffiti, some of it crumbled down. It was the only thing that stood for itself in an otherwise dilapidated neighborhood that consisted primarily of runaways and teenagers.

    A small sign hung by a rusty chain in front of one door that led to the huge hall that was brightly lit. It was considered rather clean compared to the other parts of the building.

     At the other end of the hall was a makeshift lab and on one side were lots of boxes that seemed to be used to ship whatever was made at that lab. Men were seen busily working at their designated stations, most wearing thick surgical masks.

     At the second level of the building overlooking the hall were several men overlooking the whole process. One of the gentlemen, the project leader, had a small satisfied smile on his lips. One of his assistants came to him, whispering something to him that shocked the leader. Footsteps on the steel floor could be heard as the group of men made their way out of the hall.

     They arrived at the huge parking lot of the hotel. They approached another group of men who were standing near two large vans parked next to each other.

     The leader stepped forward and bowed to a gentleman who had an eye patch covering his right eye. "Good evening, Sir. I don't know why the leader of the Black Cat gang came all the way here to deal with me"

      The guy with the eye patch straightened up, looking at the leader. "Dr. Do, it's nice to see you"

"Likewise" Dr. Do replied. "May I know what you wish to discuss on such short notice"

"Dr. Do" the guy sighed. "You see I heard some bad rumours. About your organization testing 'subjects' on my territory"

      Dr. Do chuckled. "That's such a baseless rumor, sir. We aren't doing anything like that. We're indeed inventing new 'goods' but-"

"You know I don't like it when people lie to me" the guy's low voice sounded threatening. He took a step closer to the doctor. Unknowingly, Dr. Do stepped back.

"Take your pick, Dr. Do. You want to tell me the truth or you want me to lay out the evidence to you?"

"No, Sir..." Dr. Do began to tremble. The guy bent down to the doctor, this time with a gun aiming his head. Dr. Do's people began to stand guard, ready to fight the gang.

       The guy sighed. He put the gun away and straightened up. "Let this be my first and last warning. Messing with my territory and I'll make you never see the daylight again"

"Let's go" the guy instructed his gang to leave the place.

     But before he could enter their van, Dr. Do signalled his men to attack the gang.

      Dr. Do noticed how the gang immediately froze and raised their hands in defeat. Dr. Do smirked. "This is easy" he approached the guy with the eye patch. He had his hand up in surrender too. The two exchanged glares.

"Listen here, Captain Hook" Dr. Do was being cocky. He took out his gun and played with it on his finger as he stared down at the guy. "No let me rephrase that, Listen here, Lee Minho" Dr. Do aimed the gun straight at Minho's forehead.

"Our alliance ends here" Dr. Do added.

"So it's true" Minho smirked. "Your alliance with the Jang gang really got into your head. You really messed with the wrong clan, Dr Do"

"I prefer not to say it that way but-" "You know you'll never get away after doing shit in my territory as you think Jang Gang will have your back? You've got to be kidding me"

     Dr. Do was silent. He began to rethink his actions.

"Those fucker will not bat an eye on people like you. They'll throw you away after they finish using you" Minho added.

"No! No way! They need me!"

       Minho smirked. He swiftly snatched the gun from Dr. Do hence turning the table around. The cold metal was aimed straight at Dr. Do's forehead. His men were about to attack Minho but the gang immediately took out their weapons.

      Dr. Do growled and kicked Minho in the stomach which caused the gun to fly out from his hands. With that, both gang members began to attack each other. Chaos erupted.

"We'll never make it, sir" Yeonjun, Minho's right-hand man shouted to Minho beside him. Minho looked around. His men were mostly injured and more of Dr. Do's men came to join. He knew they were losing. Minho quickly signalled his men to evacuate.

     The gang members went to their vans. Each struggled to get inside as they were attacked.

"Sir, hurry up!" Yeonjun shouted from one of the vans. Minho signalled for them to go first as he was dodging the attacks.

"This old man is insane," Yeonjun muttered under his breath. He pledged to never betray his order and so both vans sped off with Minho escaping from the scene on foot.

     He glanced behind to see some of Dr. Do's men still pursuing him. Minho ran through and into the abandoned shop lots. He ran from one roof to another. Some roof crumbled under his weight but he was luckily fast enough to survive but not the men. He ran out of the abandoned area and entered a neighborhood just across the huge street.