Chapter 14

Minho got into the back seat of the car.

"Here's the thing you ask for" Yeonjun passed to him a tablet from the driver seat. Minho received it and looked at the screen that showed details of a person including the person's name.

"Name is Kim Sunoo" Yeonjun started. "A famous writer, mainly writing fantasy novels. He's also a TV show host. His most recent show is '12 Midnight'. Recently started to write children's books, too. Which explains him meeting up with Raon-nim often right after she finished work" The man explained as he turned on the engine. Minho put the tablet aside and sank into his seat.

          Yeonjun stole a glance at him from the mirror. Minho was deep in thought. "Anything you want me to do with him, hyung?"

"No" Minho replied, looking out of the window. His mind recalled the memory from last night. 'So he likes her...'

"Starting tomorrow, help clear my schedule for morning and late afternoon. And you don't have to pick me up. I'll see you at our place" Minho added.

"What? Why?"

"I'll drive on my own"

              Yeonjun stared at him. "...Alright if you say so"

            They arrived at the office. The employee greeted as Minho entered the lobby. They walked into an elevator that was located at the far end of the hall, where it was hidden from the public. A sign read, "Authorised Personnel Only" was attached above the hallway.

           Yeonjun scanned his face against the ID panel by the wall and only then did the button light up. They got into the elevator and it went down until they reached level -5 the lowest level of the basement level. The door opened and Yeonjun led Minho outside into what seemed like an ordinary office open space. Except these basement levels were where all their underground activity took place. The employee there greeted Minho whenever he walked past. They entered a meeting room which had a long table in the middle with a few staff already presented there. They greeted Minho and he took his seat at the head of the table.

            Minho cleared his throat and brought his hands together as he leaned forward. "Good morning everyone. First of all, I want to congratulate and express my appreciation to Team Leader Song for her team's great contribution. Your efficiency and diligence are appreciated. The recent case at the market is a huge success and I get to boost about you guys to Captain Kim" he said with a wide grin. The rest of the committee clapped politely.

"Alright moving on" he passed the meeting to the facilitator. The man nodded and took over. "The next subject on the agenda is the heist-"

* * *

        It was morning. Raon was about to head out, bike keys in her grip when Minho called her. "Raon"

"Yes?" she turned to him as she put on her shoes. "Starting today I'll drive you to work"

        She stared at him for a while. Her brows furrowed, creating deep creases across her forehead. What was he talking about this early morning? "Sorry?" she thought she might misheard him.

"I'm driving to work starting today so I can drop you off at work" "What about Yeonjun?" "I gave him some time off. He starts work later"

"Oh..." she held her helmet. "But I can still go to work myself"

"No I'm sending and picking you up from work starting today" he went to pick up his coat. Raon gulped as she sensed the tension in the air. Sometimes, she faced such a situation with him and she was scared.

        Later they went down to the basement parking of the apartment complex. Raon followed behind him as he led her to the car. She got into the passenger side and watched as he got ready to drive.

"Seat belt" she reminded him but he was not listening. She sighed and leaned into him which made him freeze. Raon helped pull the seat belt and buckled it properly.

"There. You're good now." She sank in her seat again. "Thanks," he said quietly before turning on the ignition.

        The drive was quiet and they just let the morning news play in the background. They were approaching the kindergarten.

"You said you'll pick me up right?" Raon asked. "Yup" "I have a taekwondo class in the evening" "I'll send you there" Are you sure? I'm not disturbing you, am I?" "Of course not. Don't you know the Chairman rarely has to be in the office?" he joked. Raon snickered, making the corner of his lips curl upwards.

        Minho parked at the side and she got out. She waved goodbye to him which he replied with a small smile and headed inside.

        Ms. Kim came and approached her. "Your husband dropped you off?"

        For some reason, her question made her happy. Raon smiled coyly and nodded.

         Raon was happy the whole day. Like any other worker, she was looking forward to clocking out. But she was especially happy on that day. She waited out at the gate, leaning against the wall. It was quite empty since most children had already gone back home.

"You're not taking your bike today, Ms Jung?" the security guard who saw her asked. "No. My husband is picking me up" she replied smiling. She felt giddy and excited.

           A familiar car stopped at the other side of the road. Minho lowered the window and waved her over. Raon bowed to the guard and went to the car.

"Hey," Minho greeted her as soon as she entered the car. "Hi," Raon responded back. "How were your classes?" he asked.

"Pretty average" she shrugged "But nothing special. You know just another normal working day"

        Her phone suddenly received a text message. He began to drive but he was curious about the text she was replying to.

"Since you'll be driving me, I think I should let you know my schedule" "Sure fill me in" "On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I have taekwondo class. Monday and Tuesday I would be in the library or home early. But lately, my friend Sunoo needs my help with his book so I'm meeting him after work mainly on Monday and Tuesday" "That's very busy" "I know" she chuckled as she continued to reply to the text.

"Hey, I think I'll head home on my own after the class. I'm meeting up with Sunoo for a bit" "When is that?" "Later after class"

"But I plan to bring you grocery shopping later" he was making up excuses for her not to go out with Sunoo.

"Really? Then I'll postpone our meeting. You're right we really need to grocery shopping" she replied to the text. He smirked slightly.