Chapter 17

Weeks passed and Minho was still picking Raon up to and from work. Raon seldom had to go around by herself nowadays, only when he was busy with his 'work'. And she saw him giving food and treats several times to the stray cat that always visited the kindergarten whenever he arrived early. And Raon had to cancel plans with Sunoo so many times because Minho always asked her to 'hang out' with him. Instead, they found time to meet up on the weekend. She had to see both of them bicker almost every week and she had no idea why both of them hated each other so much.

           That late afternoon was raining heavily. Since Minho was considered a 'regular' at the kindergarten, the security guard allowed him to wait in the kindergarten area. He was waiting under the walkway, an umbrella in his grip. He turned around to see some students already got out of the class. Most of the children already recognized him and so they greeted him. He waved back politely with a smile as they headed out of the kindergarten.

          Raon entered the staff room to put her stuff and saw him from the window. She smiled, watching him. It was always nice seeing him interacting with the children.

"Your husband is here" Ms. Kim teased Raon. She smiled in reply. Ms. Kim sighed. "Maybe I should get married too"

"You've already married to your problem" Raon laughed which made Ms. Kim laugh too. "But it's true though" Ms. Kim added between her laughter.

"Hey, I'm heading out first" Raon picked up the science kit needed for the class for the next day. "I need to put this in the class first. See you later"

"Bye," Ms. Kim watched her exiting the staff room. Raon went to the classes and did her task. She used a shortcut to go to the walkway Minho was at. By that time, he already leaned against the wall, getting bored waiting for her until there was no one around. She might take some extra time back there at the classes.

"You're drenched" Minho commented as she approached her.

          Her white blouse and light brown knitted cardigan were drenched and her dark hair had water droplets all over it. She brushed off droplets from her dark brown knee-level skirt. Her marry Jane soiled after running through the rain and mud. Her cheeks were red with the cold. Raon hugged herself trying to generate some heat in her body. "I'm alright don't worry" she smiled through her chattering teeth.

       Minho took her bag off her shoulder and helped carry it. "Take that off"

           She instinctively protested by putting her arms over her body. "What do you mean-"

"That jacket. It's drenched. You're gonna catch a cold" "No I'm okay don't worry" "Raon"

        He looked at her in disbelief. Why does she have to make it so hard?

"Just take that jacket off. Come on" he forcefully pulled her towards him without her consent. He slid the cardigan off her shoulder to reveal her arm since was wearing a sleeveless blouse inside. Minho stopped his action. Raon couldn't lift her head. She knew he was shocked to see the scars covering a length of her arms.

         Minho continued to take her cardigan off and put it aside with the bag. He took off his black zipper hoodie, wrapping the jacket around her torso, and pulling the hood over her head to protect her from the rain. And to help her cover her reddening face.

         He wanted to apologize to her but he knew at that moment it was best for him to stay silent.

"Let's go" he whispered and escorted her out of the kindergarten area with an umbrella covering them from the pouring rain. He opened the car door for her and waited for her to climb in before getting into the driver's seat.