Chapter 6

It's been three weeks since the incident, and Raon had forgotten all about that incident. She was sitting on the bed with her laptop on her lap, checking every single detail of her study plan for the following week. She was going through the material carefully to see if everything was perfect. Her phone was also in front of her laptop, constantly vibrating to catch her attention. It received a new message in the group chat that she was in with another two friends. She ignored them for the time being since she was busy.

       The house bell rang, catching Raon's attention. She glanced at the clock which showed it was late in the afternoon. Anyway, she thought, her attention went to the screen again.

        Moments later, there was a series of panic knocks on her door. The door immediately burst open with her mother came running into her room. "Mom-" Raon took off her reading glasses but her mother already yanked her off the bed.

"Mom! What's going on? You're hurting me-"

      Mrs. Jung looked at her. "Why don't you tell me you're seeing someone?!"

      Raon was confused. What did her mother just say? Why would she think she was seeing someone?

      Mrs. Jung jerked her head towards the door. "Your friend from the other day came, asking for your hand in marriage. Is that why you don't agree to marry anyone I'm suggesting?"

"Wait, Mom! I don't understand"

"Your friend from the other day. What was his name again? Minho?"

"Minho?" Raon tried to recall anyone from her walk of life with that name. For all she knew, she never have any close friend with that name. Let alone going out with.

"The one with eye-patch"

      Immediately Raon's mind went to that day again. The stranger that for whatever reason was there in her room. The one that was injured. The one that she waited in the hospital only to be left. 'Ah that jerk'

"Wait! What?!"

"He's downstairs, with his assistant, carrying all these gifts for you. You need to meet him"

"Hold up Mom-"

"He is here with his assistant, carrying all those presents, asking for your hand"

      Raon stared back at her in disbelief, then quickly ran out of her room and rushed down the stairs. And she was right.

     There, stood the one-eyed stranger from the other day at the main door, smiling brightly while holding a gorgeous bouquet. The assistant behind him had his hands full, having to struggle with trying to hold a few paper bags of expensive brands.

"Raon" Mr. Jung was there with the guests. "I don't know about this 'friend' of yours" he looked between his daughter and the business card in his hand one after another.

       Raon arrived there in front of them, still speechless. Minho held the bouquet of roses to her with a warm smile. She had to admit, he did look good with that smile. But the memory from the other day just made her nervous. She had no idea who this guy was. And now he asked her to marry him?!

"Raon, come help me make some tea" Mrs. Jung called from the kitchen. Minho still waited for Raon to take the bouquet. She reluctantly took it.

"You like it?" his voice was nothing like the other day. This time it was soft and calming. Raon nodded, not knowing what else to do besides nod.

"Oh, and this" Minho turned around to his assistant taking one of the paper bags. "I bake your favorite brownies so we can have them together"

"Thanks" Raon took it before practically running to the kitchen. She needed to get out of that awkward situation.