Chapter 10

Raon walked into the apartment unit. She looked around the spacious living space. Upon entering the unit, she was greeted with a small laundry room and a kitchen on the right side. On the left side were three doors where two of them for rooms and another one for bathroom. The living space was open plan and there was a seating area in the middle of the room with a TV attached to the wall. Beside the huge window was a daybed and beside it was a door to the veranda. The furniture was very modern and minimal but the apartment was decorated beautifully. All the colors were soft shades of blue that complemented each other and gave the apartment a peaceful feeling.

      Minho's voice suddenly came from behind her. "How do you like it?"

"Your house is huge!" she said looking at the size of his apartment. "And beautiful"

"Thanks" he moved to the side to make way for the movers to do their work.

       Minho went inside the first room from the hallway and she followed behind. The room was painted light beige. She touched the wall with a smile. "The color turned out better than I thought"

"You chose the right color even the painter complimented your choice," he said.

       They watched as the movers put the boxes on the dark hardwood floor.

"That's a lot of shoes" Minho picked up one of the sneakers from one of the partially opened boxes.

"I have an online shoe shop. You know just kind of side hustle" she explained. He continued to look at the other box only to see it was filled with more shoes. "You need lots of storage"

"Yup"

"Let's go then" he turned to her. Raon was obviously confused. "Where to?"

"Furniture shopping. Tell me if you have any style you like for your room" he then turned to Yeonjun who was helping with the boxes too. "Let's go, Yeonjun"

"Aye aye, captain" Yeonjun ran up to him. Raon followed them to the elevator.

"So Yeonjun-ssi, you really follow Minho 27/4?" she asked which made both of them laugh.

"Noonim, you're funny. It's 24/7" Yeonjun said between his laughter. She laughed too when she realized her mistake. "Alright alright. Let me say it again. Yeonjun-ssi, will you follow Minho around 24/7?"

"Yes," Yeonjun glanced at Minho. "I mean if you're jealous and my boss here can reduce my working hours, I would gladly dismiss myself right now"

"You ain't going anywhere" Minho stated flatly, making Raon laugh again.

"Thank god" Yeonjun replied sarcastically, but the amusement was clearly in his voice.

"But wait" only then she noticed. "Why 'noonim'? I'm not some bigshot's wife" Right then her eyes met Minho's. And she realized that word sounded so wrong. "No I mean-"

"Then 'noona' would be okay, right?" Yeonjun interrupted her before she got to finish the sentence. She nodded with a smile.

        They entered the elevator.

"And is it because you're blind in one eye that you can't drive and someone else has to drive?" Raon asked Minho who was beside him. Minho snorted. "You do have lots of questions just like your students," Minho chuckled.

"I can drive. As a matter of fact, I have a driving license and can legally drive on the road despite my disability. But I personally think it is safe to drive with someone or not to drive at all. Hence, I need Yeonjun" he explained. Yeonjun nodded with a wide smile, feeling proud. She held her laughter seeing the younger male.

"What about you?" Minho asked her.

"Car license? No, I don't have them. I only have a motorcycle license. As you can see I ride a motorcycle to work"

          Yeonjun nodded listening to their conversation. "Noona, I've been meaning to ask"

"Yes?" "About the superbike. Is it really yours?"

"It's my Dad's. But he gave it to me. He had a problem with his back and the doctor advised him not to strain his back. He ended up buying a car for himself" she explained. "Why? You think someone like me can't use such a huge bike?"

"Actually yes. You're smol" Yeonjun chuckled. She nodded. "True but now that I used it for a few months, I think I would buy the same model for myself if I were to buy a motorcycle"

"He's a huge fan of motorcycles" Minho added. She turned to Yeonjun. "Really? You want to try riding the bike?"

"If you let me" Yeonjun now smiled coyly. "Of course. Just tell me whenever you want to ride it" she replied.

"Thank you, noonim! And you look badass riding it. A kindergarten teacher riding superbike!" Yeonjun praised her which made Raon chuckled.

* * *

       Minho got out of his room. She looked around the living room. The coffee table was a mess with craft supplies. But no sight of Raon.

"Sorry about the mess" she got out of the laundry room.

"It's okay. I think they'll send over your table today" he replied as he went to the kitchen island to get some drink. She went to sit back at the coffee table.

"You already did the laundry?" he joined her on the couch.

"Yup," she replied.

"Thanks. You don't have to do those chores though" "Tsk nonsense! I can't stay here for free. Besides, it's not that hard" She once again focused on the science project she was working on.

"For your class?" he asked.

"Yup"

     He continued to look at her work as he sipped on the drink. Honestly, he didn't understand what it was about that science project but he found it interesting to watch her passionate about her work.

"How do you like your room?" he asked. "It's perfect! Go check it out if you're curious" she said gesturing to the bedroom adjacent to the living room.

"But we promised not to go into each other's room" "Tsk standing outside doesn't count as going in, is it Minho-ssi?"

       Minho smirked. He stood and stood near her bedroom to look at the interior.

         The once shabby square room was now furnished. A platform bed sat in the center with a white comforter and white sheets that matched perfectly the wood of the room's decoration. A small side table on its right and a faux potted olive tree on the corner next to the bed. At the right side of the door was an unfinished walk-in closet with a make-up table and a full mirror. The walk-in wardrobe was covered with rattan webbed sliding doors. The wall opposite the bed was a space for the desk and beside it was a huge ceiling-to-floor corner bookshelf where she could put her books and shoes inventory.

         Minho walked to Raon again. "You'll be okay when the guys come to send in the table later?"

"Uhuh" "Because I have to be somewhere else this evening. I'll be home late" "Of course I'll be okay" "Alright cool" he took out his phone and went to the kitchen.

           Raon glanced at him who was immersed in his phone as he walked to his room. He looked serious.

'It's great I can still talk to him although I'm scared of him' Raon sighed.