Chapter 11

Weeks went by and Raon got used to living with Minho. Both of them mind their own business besides occasionally hanging out together. He now found it comforting to find her around despite they did their own business.

            It was the weekend and Minho could finally stay at home. He looked to the living room, Raon had the book up to her face, immersed in reading with his legs folded on the couch. He was in the kitchen, mixing batter as he looked at her. He tried to read the title of the book she was reading and it was some weird science term he couldn't pronounce. His face scrunched. Science? Really? On weekend?

      Raon suddenly put the book down and stretched her arms, yawning, looking a bit ugly. His face once again scrunched up. 'She got comfortable in this house' he smirked. She laid down on the couch, reaching out to the remote.

"What are you baking, Minho?" she asked lazily.

      He tried reading from his phone. "Matcha strawberry cake"

      She contemplated a bit before pushing herself off the couch. She went to him and took a seat on one of the bar stools there. "I want to help" she watched him.

"You sure?" "Yup!"

         Minho gave her a bag of strawberries and let her look at the recipe for strawberry jam on his phone. Raon immediately got to work. She was dicing the strawberries.

"This cake doesn't have any nuts right?" she asked. "Why did you ask?" his back was facing her as he was busy at the hand mixer.

"I'm allergic to nuts"

          Minho's eyes went to the pack of nuts he planned to use as garnish later. He slowly pushed it aside. "Nah there shouldn't be any nuts in it"

"Alright," Raon continued chopping while humming lightly to the song that was playing in the background. Meanwhile, he was taking a mental note about her allergy to nuts so as not to use any nuts in his baking in the future.

"Hey, do you know what's the difference between green tea and matcha?" she asked casually. By now he was already accustomed to her habit of randomly sharing facts with him. He listened to her with a small smile.

       That night, they shared the cake that they made after dinner while sitting on the veranda, enjoying the night view. Minho watched Raon eat her cake happily. Her hair was flowing behind her like a black waterfall. She had a small smile on her lips as she stared at the night sky.

           The thought that had been disturbing him these past few weeks came to his mind again. Minho looked away. 'I can't do this anymore' he thought silently.

          She saw his serious expression and placed the fork on the plate. "Everything alright?" she inquired. "Yeah," he replied trying to hide his sadness.

"I can listen if you want to talk about anything that bothers you," she said. "Even about your work"

       He paused and stared blankly at nothing. "Work..."

"Yeah something bothering you at work?" she continued to eat.

"What? No" 'Did I just say it out loud? That was close! What's wrong with me and letting my guard down lately?!' Minho was internally screaming at himself.

"Nothing" he lied as he picked up his glass and took a sip. He got up. "I should get ready for tomorrow. It's fun spending time with you"

       Minho didn't wait for her as he went inside again. Raon was left alone. She shrugged. "Maybe he's tired"

* * *

            Minho looked up to the house before him. Yeonjun got out of the driver's seat and locked the car. "You sure you're doing this?"