14 | Sick

Hi, my beautiful readers!! check the message at the end, I have some very scrumptious news ❤️

Avyanas POV.

why the fuck do I have to be sick today.

yesterday evening was absolute perfection.

the date with Kayden went perfect.

and today, I was supposed to go on a girls' date with my birth giver.

she's the only one in my fucked up family that has been remotely okay to be around. I honestly was really looking forward to getting to know her.

and now I'm sick.

Because of how busy everyone has been, I'm home alone again.

"Ugh!" I loudly groan.

I send my mother a quick text and let her know that I'm not feeling well and she's welcome to come over.

I get a notification from her after a few minutes,

Mom:
I'll be over in a bit, darling. I'll make some soup. is Alessio there too? I'd love to see him.

Me:
No, Alessio won't be home until later this evening, thank you for coming.

Mom:
Ofcourse darling. I'll see you soon. ❤️

After around fifteen to twenty minutes later my mother finally arrived.

God it feels so surreal calling her mother. Or anyone mother for that matter.

But when I do I get this weird feeling inside me.

I usually would never in a million years let anyone, even Kayden, take care of me while in sick but I guess I felt a need to make it up to her, maybe?

Or maybe I just want to feel a mother's love. I honestly don't know anymore.

Ah, mommy issues at its finest, right here.

"Hi, sweetheart" she greets when I open the door with a very loving smile which i cant help but return with a small smile of my own.

"I-is it okay if I give you a hug?" she stutters and diverts her gaze away from my eyes, avoiding eye contact. she's worried ill say no.

I give her a small nod and smile and she immediately crushes me in a hug.

it.. feels so foreign. A mother's hug. Yet it's so warm and... loving.

after a while she pulls away with tears flooding her eyes.

"Come in" I say softly, no need to disrespect her when she's been nothing but respectful and loving twords me.

she walks in, bags in hand, and I close the door behind her and follow behind her to the kitchen.

"Oh no no, you need to lay down, sweet girl. You're sick and need rest. I'll make soup for you while you rest." she says smiling, basically pushing me twords the couch to lay down.