Nine

A few days had passed since the brunch date at Le Gratin. Tanya and Shanay had gone to visit their parents for the weekend, and now they were on their way back to the city. The break from the city had been nice, but Tanya was eager to reconnect with Leon. They had been talking non-stop, texting late into the night and sharing more about their lives with each passing day.
.....
Tanya's apartment was quiet as she walked in, setting her bag down on the couch. The evening sky was beginning to darken, casting a soft glow through the window. Just as she was about to unwind, her phone chimed with a message from Leon.

Leon: "You home yet? How about we take a drive around the city? I know a few spots with views you'd enjoy ;)."

Tanya smiled, already feeling her heart race a little. Leon had a way of making everything feel exciting.

Tanya: "Just walked in. Give me 20 to freshen up?"
Leon: "Bet. I'll be outside waiting."

Tanya rushed to her room, throwing on a casual but cute Nike black gym set— high waisted leggings that hugged her curves just right, paired with a gym tee, to match. Tanya didnt have it in her to dress up, she wanted to be comfortable. Luckily for her it was just a drive which was perfect! She ran a brush through her hair, applied a touch of lip gloss, and grabbed a hoodie to carry just incase. The thought of seeing Leon again had her feeling all kinds of flustered.

Leon was leaning against his car when Tanya stepped out of her building. He looked up and smiled, his eyes lighting up at the sight of her. The car was a sleek black sedan, understated yet stylish, much like Leon himself. He had on a fresh white tee, a chain peeking out from under the collar, and jeans that hung just right. The subtle scent of his cologne lingered in the cool night air.

"Damn, shorty. You lookin' fine as hell!." Leon playfully complimented.

Tanya grinned as she walked up to him. "You clean up nice!, if I do say so myself."

Leon opened the passenger door for her, and she slid in, feeling the cool leather against her skin. He hopped in the driver's seat and started the car, the engine purring as he pulled away from the curb. The city lights flickered by as they cruised through the streets, the vibe between them electric.

Leon reached over to the console and turned on some music. The smooth rhythm of R&B filled the car, setting the mood just right. Tanya glanced over, surprised at how much their tastes aligned.

Tanya was interested, she asked. "You into R&B too?"

Leon agreed. "Hell yeah, it's my go-to. Nothin' better than cruising to some slow jams."

As they drove, they took turns picking songs, vibing out to artists like Bryson Tiller, H.E.R., and Giveon. The music wrapped around them, making the night feel even more intimate.

"So, how was the weekend with the fam?" Leon questioned.

"It was cool. You know how it is, catching up, eating too much, and answering all the questions about my 'life plans.'" Tanya laughed softly, shaking her head.

"I feel you. Family can be a trip, but it's good to get that love. Plus, now you're back, and we got the whole city to ourselves tonight." Leon nodded knowingly.

"Oh, word? You got something planned?" Tanya smirked.
"Maybe. You'll just have to roll with it." Leon teased.

After a few songs, they drove in comfortable silence for a while, the city skyline unfolding before them. Leon took a few turns, heading toward the waterfront. He finally pulled into a spot with a perfect view of the Brooklyn Bridge, its lights reflecting off the water.

Tanya gasped. "This view is everything."

Leon turned to her, his voice low and smooth."Yeah, but it ain't got nothin' on you."