Twenty Five

Later the next day...

Trey's POV
"Bro you know we opening soon..." I said, leaning back in the chair, tapping on the laptop pulling up the gym's new website. We had equipment on the way nearly everything was done.

"Yeah," Leon replied, sounding a little distracted as he scrolled through his phone. "Trey, I saw this dude named Daniel calling her phone. I ain't ask her 'bout it yet though."

"Daniel?" I paused, giving him a look. "You think it's one of her family members, right?"

"Ion know, maybe," Leon said, rubbing the back of his neck. "...I'm not gonna jump to conclusions. Could be some random dude too."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Man, don't trip. Focus on the gym, bro. You got bigger things to worry about than some name on her phone." I replied, trying to steer the convo back to the task at hand. "Now, let's get these PTs locked in for the grand opening. You already talked to one of them right?"

"Nah, not yet," Leon muttered, still distracted.

"Aight, I'll handle it." I sent an email to a few of the PTs about setting up a meeting for the contracts. "You good though? You sound like you in your head a lil bit."

Leon looked at me, his eyes serious for a second before he shrugged it off. "I'm straight. Tanya just got me thinkin'... that's all."

I smirked. "She got my boy whipped, huh?"

"Shut up. Let's finish this." He chuckled, shaking his head but I could tell something was still on his mind.

Shanay's POV
I was feeling good after Trey spent the night. Man, that boy was something else. Nothing intimate just laughs really. Smiling to myself, I grabbed my purse and decided to head out for a quick coffee during lunch. As I walked into the coffee shop, I heard a familiar voice.

"Shan! What's good?"

I turned and spotted Daniel sitting at a table by the window. "Oh hey Daniel! Long time no see." I walked over, giving him a quick hug before sitting down.

Me and Daniel have been cool since he dated my cousin Tanya. From what I knew, Daniel and Tanya were still cool so that meant me too.

"Yeah, it's been a minute. How you been?" he asked, sipping on his iced coffee.

Although he was the partying type he looks like he calmed down on all that...

"I'm good! Just, you know, workin', stayin' busy... dating." I couldn't help the little smirk that crossed my face.

Daniel raised an eyebrow, grinning. "Oh, for real? It's about time!"

"Yeah,I know right!" I laughed, pulling out my phone. "Let me show you a picture of him. His name's Trey, we been hangin' out a lot lately."

I showed him the picture of Trey from my phone, and Daniel leaned in, squinting at the screen.

"Wait... hold up. This dude looks familiar," Daniel said, furrowing his brow. "I think I ran into him at the sneaker store not too long ago."

"For real?" I laughed. "Small world, huh?"

"Yeah, crazy," Daniel nodded but I could see something change in his face. He looked like he was tryna piece something together. "So, how long y'all been seeing each other?"

"Since after the rooftop party. We just had our first date.. it was a little delayed. Ya know.. work and stuff" I smiled, feeling all warm just thinking about Trey.

Daniel nodded again, but he wasn't saying much. I could tell something was on his mind but decided to let it slide. I wouldn't be surprised if they met at the rooftop party, we just about made it out that night.