Thirty

Darnells POV:
Event day...
Me and Chris spoke to the staff members going over what was about to go down.

"As soon as guests arrive I want you both at the door the capacity is 80 people. The people arriving tonight will be family, friends, influencers and competition otherwise known as other gym owners..." Chris spoke, whilst going over his iPad.

"Bar staff, restock is available at the back. PTs you'll be giving a tour after all guests arrive and doors close. In the meantime, equipment will be moved to this side of the gym. This right here will be the main space, I want this area to be empty by 2, cool?" I pointed to where I was standing as I explained to the staff.  They all nodded and went their ways.

Leon finally arrived scanning the gym in awe. "This is it!" He smiled walking in.

"Yup, c'mon bro let me show you the agenda, Chris imma need the iPad real quick." I patted Leon on his back guiding him to his new office.

Chris' POV:
I walked out front to call up Trey. He was late. I know I took my job seriously but my name was attached to this gym as my biggest sell back at the realtors office.

As a business man who was still on work duties, Trey was running late. The office was cutting my check today - as commission only. The more clientele I brought back, the higher the pay.. that would only be possible if both owners were here, together.

"Sup bro? How's the opening?" Trey excitedly asked.

"All good, you gotta see it! ... Where you at?" I quizzed, over the phone.

"On the way! & My bad bro, stuck in traffic everything all good?" Trey apologised.

"Leon just got here, everything's in place. Darnell probably won't go through the agenda again so hurry up!." I responded.

"Aight bet, oh and thanks for everything Chris forreal man! ... I'll see y'all's soon" Trey hung up.

I laughed checking my phone confused. He was probably with Shanay...
Looks like I gotta pay up my end of the bet to Darnell smh. I really thought Trey would be here on time, Damn.

Shanay's POV:
Me and the girls were riding together to the event... we were 45mins late, Latanya was screaming her head off about missing Leon's toast.

Latanya screamed for the fifth time taking her hands off the wheel. "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!"

Alesha tried calming Tanya down. "I doubt Leon would make a toast without you being there, you did the designs for the gym."

I glanced up from my phone, giving Tanya a once-over. Her face was tight, and I could tell her usual confidence was cracking under the pressure of running late.

"Girl it's okay, black people never on time anyways!" I assured her while typing away on my phone.

Tanya glared at me, her eyes were fiery as she took a hand off the wheel to point in my direction. "GIRL...SHUT UP! You and your damn frontal are the reason we late anyway!"

I touched my hairline with a frown, but didn't argue back.

I sent a text to Trey ignoring Tanya's yelling again.

Trey: You not standing me up are you?x
Me: No, me and the girls stuck in traffic!😭
Trey: Cmon girl!🤦🏽‍♂️ I need my date beside me.
Me: Whatchu want me to do?! FLY THERE?!!!
Trey: Duh, that's how I got here🤷🏽‍♂️
Me: You're so annoying Trey🙄
Trey: You know you love it when I annoy you x😏
Me: Boy bye. See you in 25🥱 don't make a toast just yet.
Trey: TWENTY FIVE MINS?!... You coming from the airport or sum?! Damn!!😂&okay.
Me: Shut upppp😂😂 we'll be there in 20
Trey: Aight bet... Can't wait to see yo fine ass😌😏
Me:🙄✌🏾 x