Nineteen

Alesha's POV:
We stepped through the front door, Shanay still poppin' off about Clarence. And honestly? I felt her. The whole situation was dumb as hell.

"Can you believe that fool?" Shanay stopped in the hallway.

I chimed back in. "Actin' like I'm gonna drop everything for my girl to go to some random dinner-no occasion!" Sounded outrageous when I thought of it but oh well, Shanay was my right hand. That's sis!.

I rolled my eyes continuing, "Girl, you know Clarence is probably at home mad as hell, actin' like a little kid."

Shanay nodded, "He better be, 'cause I sure ain't stressin', now that you're here...We gotta get me right for tonight!.... I need you! Tell Clarence I said 'I GOTTA PUT ME FIRST LUCIOUS!, I GOTTA PUT ME FIRST!!!'."

Shanay is a whole character, I swear.
Our laughs echoed through the hallway, "You a mess chileee. He'll get over it. But you know what's funny? Here we are gettin' you ready for your date, and Clarence at home trippin' over some damn reservations that we can reschedule. The irony." Honestly, I didn't see the big fuss. Me and Clarence were always gonna have many more dates to come.

Shanay's POV:
We left the hallway entering Tanya's room, still talkin' smack, and who do we see strolling out of her bathroom like he own the place? Leon. And he had the nerve to hit us with a casual, "Wassup, ladies?"

Me and Alesha were shocked. I did a double take, like, hold up—what the hell is Leon doin' in Tanya's bathroom? We knew he was supposed to be around, but seein' him just step out like that? Nah, something was off.

Alesha didn't miss a beat, "Leon, why the hell you comin' out of Tanya's bathroom like it's yours?"

Leon just shrugged like it was nothin', "Had to handle my business. Figured I'd wait here 'til y'all finished with your lil' dress-up party."

I looked at Tanya, and she looked straight up caught. Like, she didn't know whether to explain herself or just laugh it off. But before she could say anything, Leon was already heading for the door.

"I'ma go pick up Darnell from reception," he said, throwin' Tanya a look that had me thinkin', Oh, this is more than just a bathroom break.
"Y'all do your thing." He slipped out of the room leaving us. We stared at Tanya waiting till the coast was clear.

Soon as that front door closed, I yelled, "Bitch, what the fuck did we miss?!"

Alesha was right there with me, "Yeah, why is he walkin' out your bathroom like he payin' rent up in here?"

Although Tanya had beautiful brown skin..she look like- if she was a couple shades lighter she'd turn red as a stop sign, we were about to get the full tea. Whatever went down, we weren't about to let her slide without spillin' every last detail. This night just got real interesting.

Shanay's POV:
I wasn't gonna let Tanya off the hook. I snatched up the flat iron, ready to get to work on my hair, but not before I got the damn story. "Tanya, you better start talkin'. What's really goin' on between you and Leon? And don't try to play us, 'cause we saw the way he was lookin' at you."

Tanya tried to act all calm and collected, but the way she held her cheeks gave it all away. She sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed as Alesha started laying out my outfit. "Okay, okay, damn, I'll tell y'all," she said, finally giving in.

We both paused, like the mannequin challenge lookin' at Tanya expectantly, waiting to hear it all. This was about to be good.

"So, this morningggggg," she began, dragging it out just to mess with us. In unison me and Alesha waved our hands gesturing for Tanya to get to it and quick!. We didn't have all day.