CHAPTER 5

SETH CHRISTIAN

I can't believe I'm asking her.
But I know deep down I want it.
I want her to accept, she invited me in her house, took me in, and cared for me like the scriptures require us to do.

It's not a sort of repayment but a sort of gratitude to her to share with her my worship prayer night.
Please accept.

I have grown to this routine of life, from when I was in high school.
It started as I mused over songs in my head of glorifying God, our Father in Heaven, and Jesus Christ. Back when I only sang in my church choir.
I was still inspired with my songwriting and I would do it at night before going to sleep. Then I started singing and preaching of Jesus Christ through my songs publicly but I still maintained my night worship and suddenly it turned into a prayer.
Although some nights I only sing, I sing till it's not my lips singing.
But my heart, mind, soul, and every organ within me worshiping and praising God.

Now I want her to come with me to the Father's Throne very badly.
She looks at me and I anticipate what her reply is going to be when she starts nodding her head.

"What do you say?" I voice again when she just keeps gazing at me.

She nods her head. "Of course," I grin at her. "I will let you first get refreshed and then we will meet in the living room," I nod my head at her too.

She turns and walks out of the guest room. I turn to gaze at all the pink in the room and just shake my head.
Elliana is so modest, so feminine.
I should have seen this coming that her personal space is as bright and colorful as hers.

I throw my bag onto the bed and pick up the essentials and a change of clothes I will need before heading to the bathroom, I can use a hot shower. A smile finds my lips as I shake my head. The towels in the bathroom are pink too.

I don't get time to dwell on it much, I straight head under the hot, steaming water for a quick shower.
Then when I'm done, I rinse and change. I pass by my bag and pick up my Bible.

I walk out of the guest room and head back to the living room.
Elliana is not there so I guess, she decided to refreshen too.

I walk to stand at her windows again for the view of the night.
She has a nice place.
I can see the horizon of Ottawa, and can't wait to see the sun rise or set in the morning.

"I think you might find use of this." I turn at the interruption.
Elliana is wearing a comfy silver jogger and a black long-sleeved T-shirt with socks only on her feet.
I catch a guitar she is holding in her hands and it hits me that it must be what she was referring I might find use.

I grin fully turning to her. "That's the last thing I envisioned to find in your home." She purses her lips.

"Don't mock me. It is not mine, well not directly but indirectly." I don't understand that but she doesn't give me time to push.

"You will use it or not?" I step forward and take it from her hands.
I walk to sit on the couch hold the guitar in my arms and fill its strings first. I play some tunes and realize it's a soprano set.

I close my eyes and keep feeling the strings of the guitar.

...hhmm, in your arms Father,
You take me as I am.
Regardless of my dirtiness and lowness.

You take me in, Father.
You genuinely see me. I know you do.

...him, In your presence,
Is where I want to live and dwell.
When I feel scared, you let me sip on your peace, Father.
When I'm anxious, you let me know your joy.
When I'm depressed and tired, you let me lean on you, and you hold me through it all.