CHAPTER 12

ELLIANA SHEPHERD

WOW! OMG! MY GOODNESS!
I don't even have anything else to say than that. Is that what Seth's family is like?

Well, now I understand why he didn't even want to take me there, now that it's done with. I can humbly accept that I was starting to take offense that he refused to take me to his parents because he was ashamed to take me to them.

Now I feel stupid.

I ended up driving us back to his house because he refused to drive when he had sipped on an alcoholic drink. It is a quiet ride back like the coming one. But the coming wasn't filled with such tension.

Well, maybe it had.
Who am I to know? I was in my feelings scared for what tonight was going to end up like.

But I swear nothing ever prepared me for this end.
I had played a lot of scenarios of how tonight was going to end up like, both good and bad, but none came close to the reality of how it started and how it ended.

I kept glancing at Seth. He had his head leaned back and staring out the window the whole ride with his elbow touching the base of the window and his chin resting under it's fist.
God, is that what he grew up in?
Lord, thank you for saving him.
I hate to judge but no child should be treated like that.

When we arrive back at his house, the only words he manages to say to me is Good night.
I say it back to him and then head up to my guest room. He took a turn on the second floor, so I know he went to check on the kids first.

I know we are not having our usual night prayer, something we haven't ever missed since that night in my apartment. Tonight is the first night we miss it. The night he took me to meet his parents. I can hear the irony of it laughing at me.

But I don't have to be weak because I know that's what the devil wants.
And if there is anything that fills me with strength like knowing I am never not even for a second satisfying that cast out is only Our Father in Heaven.

I make a change of clothes to my comfortable set of night pjs, I clean myself of the makeup and wear a bunny to cover my hair before going down on my knees by my bed and praying.

I pray for God's wisdom and guidance. I call for his Will.

I go on and on during the whole night, sleeping and waking up again in the middle of the night to pray.
I pray for peace for Seth. I ask for endurance power for him, I can tell he is still weak in enduring his family.
But God is above all and he can strengthen him to do so.

I pray in the morning too,
I decide I'm even fasting today.

I have a calling of praying in me so I go through with it. I rarely step out of the room. I still don't have what to say to Seth, so I stay out of his way too. But in the afternoon when the kids comes from school, they rush to my room to beg me to play with them.

I can't deny the twins so, I go and help them first shower before I take them to the kitchen for some fruits before we get to the playing part.

They manage to take my mind off of things because they are practically angels but then their nap times arrive and I go to read a story for them from the Bible to get them to sleep.

When they fall asleep, I walk upstairs and head to the pergio for some sunlight and fresh air but I realize it is already occupied.

"Oh my bad, I didn't mean to disturb you. I will come back later." Brielle shakes her head.

"No, please, if you wanted to be here alone. I can leave. I have been here quite sometime now."

"Or we can all just stay if you don't mind." She shakes her head.