CHAPTER 8

ELLIANA SHEPHERD

"Wow, you are an apostle and you have met Seth for five months now and I'm only hearing of you now?" Mateo tsks while shaking his head. "That boy wounds me. And I thought we shared everything."

"And you are not hearing of me, you are seeing me." He chuckles.

"And you have a nice sense of humor. I feel like it wouldn't be bad to replace you with Seth." I smile shaking my head.

I just met Mateo but I can see why he is Seth's friend. I can also tell he is a good man, well he is good-looking too. He is as tall as Seth, he has pepper brown locks that he keeps shorter on the sides and the back of his head. Amber eyes. He is handsome but not like Seth if you ask me.

"Why are you replacing Dad with El?" I turn to glance and Layla looking up from me to Mateo.
He turns to grin at the little girl before saying. "Because your dad treats me badly while El is as good to me as an angel."

The little girl takes it in for a moment before shrugging her little shoulders.
"Dad is an angel to me,"

"Well, good for you princess. Come let's get seated." Mateo goes on to take Layla to her seat. I keep on setting the table as the other children come and start filling in the seats.

When I bring the last dish on the table, I realize Seth had come from changing too. He took the head seat, Layla and Brielle are both on his sides. Then Mateo and Tristan.
Everyone is already sitting, so I go take the seat beside Tristan.

"Well, everyone is here." Everyone agrees and I look around and realize this is amazing. This is very good.

"Okay, so we should start,"

"Yes, I'm hungry," Tristan says making the whole table break out in laughs.

"This is not about feeding the body, Tris." Seth corrects and the little boy finishes what I guess he was going to say to him.

"I know, it's about giving God thanks."

"Yes," Seth agrees while running his eyes around the kids. "And it's an honorable thing to do. That's why we cook fine dishes we are blessed with, clean ourselves, and dress finely to meet around this table and thank our God who never for even a second stops blessing and caring for us."

The children nod their heads at him.
"So as we normally do, we will start by each saying what we are most grateful for that happened today, yesterday, the past months, and in general since the last Thanksgiving supper." He continues saying to them.
"Then we will pray and lastly get to feeding our bodies. Can we start?"

"Yes," a chorus of yes resonates in the dining room.

We start with Tristan, then follow Layla, then Brielle, then Mateo.

"Okay," I smile at everyone.
"I'm grateful to God that he was there with me every time He enabled me to spread the Good News of the Gospel and honored me with the task of shepherding His precious flock. Every tour I have been on this year was life-changing, many lives were saved and turned to Christ, and many people were helped by the podcast I do. I'm grateful that God keeps moving. Last but not least, I'm grateful that I met you all. Thank you all for hosting me tonight, taking me in, and warmly welcoming me." Everyone cheers at me and I humbly smile at them.

Seth who was left goes on after me.
"As always and as it shall be forever, I'm grateful for God, for just being God." We all laugh but in my heart, I agree with that. "I'm grateful for this family that God blessed me with, I'm grateful that we have the food, clothes, and health for being here today. I'm grateful for the friendship earned this year." He says that holding my gaze.
"The work done for the Lord, and the work done in us by Him. May Glory and Power be for God forever and ever."