CHAPTER 11

SETH CHRISTIAN

After praying for tonight, I realized I have nothing more I can do except to only put it in God's hands.

I have no high expectations for tonight, the only thing I can hope for is making it out of the dinner with both parties as they got in.
Which is unscathed.

I can feel Elliana's feelings through the stronghold she has on my hand.
She is nervous, she is anxious, I can tell. Which is why I keep kissing the back of her hand and tightening the hold I have on her as a form of strengthening.

In the car, there are soft rhythms of worship, and I drive singing along with them in a small voice.

There is nothing to say, I can't keep telling Elliana that it's going to be okay, because that would make me a hypocrite like I don't know my parents. And I know them. Which is why I have only been tense the whole day but I know this must happen.
Well, not for me but Elliana needs this and like I said, I'm not going to let her come in between mine and my parent's indifferences.

With traffic, a forty hour takes an hour and something to get there.
My parents live in the upper east side of Manhattan away from the city. I have always appreciated how quiet it was.

When I pull in through the gates, Elliana cheers at the house.
"Wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww, do you guys have a thing of big mansions? Or do they just give it free in your family?" I turn to look at her only to be met by an awe look in her gaze.

She turns to me. "How many people live in this castle?"

I chuckle at her exaggeration.
"Only my parents," I say. "I could also say the help but they have their guesthouse."

"Wow," I park the car before announcing that I will get her door.
I rush to her side and help her out. She is still admiring the house.

"Oh, now I feel underdressed,"

"No, sweetheart. You look beautiful and if you ask me I could say you are overdressed. This is just dinner."

"Hey don't sin now," I smile putting my arm at the lower of her back to guide her. "I'm not, I mean a jean and a blouse could have sufficed. But who asked me?" I can't help but appreciate the sound of her laugh.

"Oh, shut up," I smile feeling complete. I love it a lot when this woman who is by my side laughs.
It's everything to me. Not to add how magnificent it sounds.

I smile to myself. Nothing and no one is coming in between this.

I lead us to the porch and before we can ring the bell, the door opens in our face. A young woman smiles at us. "Welcome home, Mr. Meyer, welcome Miss," I nod my head at the woman.

I hold Elliana's hand before stepping in.

"May I help with the coat, ma'am?" Elliana looks up at me confusedly but I just smile at her.
I watch as she unknowingly lets the woman help with her blazer before giving me her hand again.

"Mr. And Mrs. Meyer are expecting you in the family room."

"Thank you," I raise Elliana's hand that is in mine up to my lips to kiss the back of it. Before leading her to my parents.

One last time, I say a silent prayer in my heart. Father, let this go by your Will.

Nothing else I could do except hand mine and Elliana's fate in the father's hands.

I lead Elliana to the family room where my parent are sitting there waiting for us.
Mom is the first one to look up and meet my gaze. She takes her time scrutinizing me with her gaze before shifting to Elliana who is by my side.