4.The Hunt Begins

The sudden scream shattered the deathly silence of the villa.

  Everyone immediately looked towards the second floor.

  "What happened?"

  "I...I don't know!"

  "Go and see!"

  Everyone quickly rushed to the second floor and arrived at the source of the sound.

  It was the room where the paralyzed elderly woman was.

  Wang, who had been carrying the food earlier, was now slumped on the floor, leaning against the wall, hugging her knees and trembling!

  The steaming food...was scattered all over the floor.

  "What happened?"

  Ning asked.

  In front of everyone, Wang slowly stretched out a finger, pointing at the paralyzed old woman lying on the bed with a stiff expression, and said in a trembling voice:

  "She...she...just now...she suddenly spoke!"

  Following the direction of her finger, everyone looked at the old woman who was lying motionless on the bed, staring out the window in a daze.

  Liu sneered:

  "What's the big deal...didn't you hear the hostess say? Her mother is just paralyzed."

  "Why can't she speak?"

  "I thought you were so brave?"

  "A paralyzed old woman scared you like this?"

  Liu had finally seized an opportunity, and his mouth was like a machine gun, chattering away.

  But Wang, who was huddled in the corner, seemed to be terrified, and she stuttered and couldn't even retort.

  Ning glanced at the old woman on the bed, then signaled Liu to help clean up the floor, and he pulled Wang up from the floor.

  "She spilled it herself, but she wants me to help clean it up. What the hell..."

  Liu muttered under his breath, but he was surprisingly obedient and quickly went to the bathroom to get a towel to start wiping the floor.

  This scene felt a bit incongruous.

  It seemed like Liu, who was not easy to mess with, was so obedient to Ning.

  But no one asked.

  After cleaning up the room, Ning went to the old woman's bedside, carefully looked at her kind face, helped her cover the blanket, and turned to leave the room with everyone else.

  Back on the first floor, the sky had completely darkened outside.

  The pale light illuminated the hall.

  But for some reason, everyone felt like they were still in the dark.

  The quiet atmosphere made them uneasy.

  "Okay, Wang, you can tell us now...what did the old lady tell you upstairs just now?"

  Ning sat down on the sofa opposite Wang and poured himself a cup of hot tea.

  At the mention of what happened upstairs, Wang's previously beautiful complexion turned pale again!

  Her fingertips tightly clutched her clothes.