13.The Last Sacrifice

"I don't save animals that are bound to die, it wastes my energy."

  "I don't save dying animals, it shortens my lifespan."

  "I don't save sick animals, I'll catch their diseases."

  Liu almost laughed out loud.

  "Bro, are you kidding me? You're a veterinarian, if you don't save this one, and you don't save that one, aren't you going to starve to death?"

  Ning smiled faintly, "I'm a veterinarian, but I'm not just a veterinarian... who told you that I make a living by treating pets?"

  Liu spread his hands, "Alright... then what kind of animal will you save, brother?"

  Ning answered quite casually, "If I like them, I'll save them."

  "...Even if I know I can't save them, I'll do my best."

  "Even at a cost."

  Liu looked at Ning in surprise and laughed.

  This guy... his personality is so interesting.

  After laughing, Liu thought of something else.

  He suddenly started writing and drawing in the study, then used the curtains to tie the notebook he wrote on and kept hitting the window downstairs!

  Since his voice couldn't reach the second floor, the sounds coming from the second floor... could always attract their attention, right?

  As a result, he had only hit it a few times when the curtains suddenly broke!

  Liu pulled back the remaining half of the curtains and pulled them hard, muttering to himself:

  "No way... ,how could it break so easily..."

  He tried several more times, but to no avail.

  The strange phenomenon made Liu's back turn cold, he vaguely felt an ominous feeling of being watched, so he gave up on continuing to send messages downstairs.

  "What's wrong?"

  Ning saw that he had finally stopped and casually asked.

  Liu's forehead was sweating, "I feel like something is staring at me, if I continue doing this..."

  He didn't finish his sentence.

  But Ning already understood.

  Obviously, according to the rules of the villa, the third floor was separated from the other floors.

  If they forcibly tried to send messages from the third floor to the second or first floor... it would be breaking the rules of the world behind the blood door and would face terrible misfortune!

  "Sigh, well, they're really at the mercy of fate..."

  He sighed, sat down against the corpse by the window, picked up the diary from its hand again, flipped through it for a while, and then said, "Brother... what exactly is that monster outside?"

  Ning thought for a moment.

  "From the diary's records, that terrifying woman outside should be related to the girl's grandmother, and the girl's parents must have known something."

  "But what exactly happened, we don't know yet."

  "Maybe, when this is all over, we can go back and ask that man in the suit..."