29.Unlocking the Truth

Hearing that the footprint belonged to Tang, Liu's eyes widened:

  "Damn it... it's actually her!"

  Bai rolled her eyes.

  "Please, Big Beard, is it that surprising?"

  "Everyone went out to visit scenic spots and look for clues this afternoon, only she went to the nearest Fu'e Temple... of course, she may not have even gone, anyway, she hardly tells the truth."

  Liu said angrily:

  "I knew that this woman was no good, before in the room, she pretended to be holding a meeting, but in fact she was bossing everyone around and tricked us into doing her dirty work!"

  "Now... she's trying to harm us!"

  Ning kept staring at the ground and suddenly said:

  "Sister Bai, give me the flashlight."

  Bai nodded and handed Ning the special flashlight that could illuminate the footprints on the ground.

  Ning turned on the flashlight, went around the room following the footprints, and finally stopped in front of the huge wardrobe.

  He carefully examined the wardrobe, then touched it up and down, and finally, in a very hidden broken corner of the wardrobe, he touched a wooden plaque from the gap in the wood.

  This wooden plaque had a red rope tied to it, and it was written with a character that the three of them were very familiar with—Ruan.

  Seeing this wooden plaque, Bai's eyes flashed.

  Liu seemed to understand something as well, and he exclaimed:

  "Last night, bro, the charred ghost in your room was looking for this plaque?"

  Ning nodded.

  "Probably."

  "This plaque should be something that people from the Ruan family can possess, at least we tourists from outside are impossible to get it casually. Tang could get so many of the Ruan family's plaques, she must have met the Ruan Shaman in the village..."

  Bai's eyebrows raised slightly.

  "... Did the Ruan Shaman instruct Tang to do all this?"

  Ning sighed.

  "Yes, this is the worst-case scenario."

  "We are tourists from outside, our understanding of the ghosts wandering in the village is definitely far less than the Ruan Shaman. If she wants to use these ghosts to kill us, it's almost impossible to defend ourselves!"

  Liu didn't understand.

  "But we have nothing to do with the Ruan Shaman, why would she do that?"

  Ning was silent for a moment.

  "I guess, it may have something to do with the temple festival after six days!"

  "Big Beard, do you still remember that diary from our first dungeon?"

  Liu nodded.

  "Of course I remember... the girl's mother received a call, her grandparents' bodies were rapidly deteriorating, and they were about to die, so she needed her daughter's mother to go back. But the girl's mother resolutely refused at the time."

  "And later, when she learned about her grandmother's death, the girl's mother felt very scared, as if she was afraid of something coming for her, she even specially got a piece of blood jade from somewhere to protect the girl..."