28.The Footprint of Betrayal

"My god... what did she do to be killed so cruelly?!"

  Liu's lips trembled, as if he couldn't imagine what kind of cruel torture this female ghost had gone through in her lifetime...

  Being soaked in a cold water dungeon, her limbs pierced, her bones slowly stripped away...

  Just thinking about it made him feel cold all over.

  "Let's go back."

  Ning seemed to understand something, and told Liu to take him off the high platform.

  After getting off, he patted Liu on the shoulder, motioning for him to put him down.

  After a while, he felt a little better and was able to walk.

  "Are you okay, bro?"

  Liu was still worried and asked tentatively.

  Ning waved his hand, looking somewhat weak:

  "I should be fine, it's just that my whole body hurts, like there are knives cutting my flesh, digging my bones..."

  Liu and Bai looked at each other, and immediately understood that the female ghost had just used the method villagers used to kill her... to kill Ning!

  If Guang's plaque hadn't happened to fall and attract the female ghost's attention, Ning's fate now would have been...

  "Looking at the female ghost's reaction, it seems like... she knows Guang?"

  Even Liu, who was a bit thick-headed, could see that the female ghost's eyes contained abnormal sadness when she held Guang's plaque.

  Bai looked at Liu in surprise and teased:

  "I didn't expect you to be thoughtful in your clumsiness."

  Liu snorted.

  "I'm just rough but refined!"

  Ning said:

  "It's not just that she knows him."

  "She should be related to Guang... either Guang's wife, or Guang's mother."

  "Personally, I lean towards the latter."

  Liu gasped:

  "In that case... the drought in the village that year actually had some unknown things happening, and these things were not recorded by the villagers!"

  "But the female ghost in Fangcun Pond wants us to bring her... who is 'her'?"

  Ning and Bai exchanged glances.

  The latter nodded, then shook her head slightly.

  "It's getting late, let's go back... it's going to be dark soon, this village is very evil, it's very dangerous at night!"

  The two agreed with Bai's proposal.

  In fact, it wasn't very late yet, but it would take them at least an hour to go back to the hotel from this place.

  With a lot of doubts, the three of them started their return journey.

  Fortunately, they were quite smooth along the way, they didn't encounter anything weird in the woods again.

  It was almost dinner time when they returned to the hotel.

  Ning and Liu returned to their room, tidied up briefly, and then knocked on the door to call Bai to eat together, but Bai stood in the room with a solemn expression and didn't immediately go to the cafeteria with them.