9.The Terror in the Corridor

In that instant, Ning felt like every cell in his body froze!

  Screech—

  Screech—

  The sound of cold metal scraping against metal came from behind, making Ning's scalp tingle!

  That was... the sound of a knife and fork rubbing together!

  Right behind him!

  And it was getting... closer!

  At the same time, the louvered window at the end of the corridor was suddenly blown open!

  The cold wind, carrying a strong smell of blood, constantly stimulated Ning's nose and lungs!

  Fear... engulfed his entire body!

  He...

  Was he going to die?

  In that moment, indescribable fear surged like a tide, threatening to drown Ning!

  He raised his hand, instinctively wanting to turn on the light!

  Light... he needed light!

  Only light could dispel this terrifying darkness!

  But just as Ning's hand was about to press down on the light switch, he abruptly stopped!

  In his mind, part of the contents of the mysterious letter he had received earlier suddenly surfaced—

  ...

  {[...]}

  {[Wind does not light a lamp, rain does not light a candle]}

  {[The sun does not climb the stairs, the night does not close its eyes]}

  ...

  —Wind does not light a lamp.

  Ning gritted his teeth, forcing himself to ignore the indescribable fear in his heart and not turn on the light!

  He retracted his hand and walked towards the end of the corridor, step by step, against the cold wind carrying the smell of blood!

  The terrifying sound of metal scraping seemed to be in his ears, constantly stimulating his nerves.

  As if the thing behind him could stab him with a sharp knife and fork at any moment, chopping him into pieces!

  Ning took a deep breath, gritted his teeth, clenched his fists, ignoring the terrifying sound of metal scraping behind him, and moved forward step by step!

  He was gambling.

  Gambling that he hadn't triggered the death condition, that the thing behind him... couldn't attack him!

  One step...

  Two steps...

  At this moment, Ning felt like his adrenaline had surged to the extreme.

  Every step was a severe test of his mental strength!

  But he didn't dare to run, and he couldn't run.

  The wind blowing towards him was too cold, as if it penetrated his skin and went straight into his muscles, bone marrow... his whole body was stiff.

  Fortunately... Ning had guessed right.

  The terrifying thing behind him seemed to be blocked by something, unable to harm him.