CHAPTER 23

"We're leaving," he declared coldly, starting the engine. The car roared to life, and for a moment, Ruhani thought he might drop her off at home. But as they drove, she noticed they were heading in the opposite direction.

Panic gripped her as she realized her phone was still with Advik. She couldn't even check her location. "Where are we going?" she asked, her voice shaky with fear.

Advik didn't respond immediately, his eyes focused on the road as the car picked up speed. "This is more important than shopping," he said bluntly. "You're safe, but things need to change for both our families' sake. Your carelessness has to stop, especially when it comes to our future."

He drove faster, the tension in the car growing unbearable. Ruhani started to pray silently, her hands clutching the seat as if it could anchor her to reality. Advik's anger was palpable, filling the space between them with a cold, suffocating pressure.

"You're going to face the consequences," Advik said, his voice low and seething with barely controlled fury. "I'm done with your lies, your deceit. From now on, you will understand what it means to be my fiancée, to be part of my family. And you will learn to obey."

Ruhani felt a wave of despair wash over her as the car sped down the unfamiliar road. She knew she was in deep trouble, and there was no escape from the storm that was about to engulf her.

The car slowed as it approached a grand farmhouse, guarded by a team of security personnel. The moment the vehicle came to a halt, three men rushed to open the car doors, while another two stood by, respectfully greeting Advik with a crisp "Good afternoon, sir." The engine purred softly before shutting off, and the heavy silence that followed was filled with tension.

As the doors swung open, Ruhani found herself staring at the sprawling estate before her. The farmhouse was nothing short of luxurious-a stunning display of wealth and taste. The glass walls gleamed in the sunlight, offering a glimpse of the lavish interior. The swimming pool shimmered nearby, its waters inviting and serene, while the surrounding landscape was impeccably maintained, with manicured gardens, vibrant flowers, and a gracefully flowing fountain that added to the air of tranquility.

But despite the beauty of the place, Ruhani's heart pounded in her chest. She felt trapped, suffocated by the opulence that surrounded her. Two men opened the car doors simultaneously, and Advik stepped out with an air of authority, not sparing her a glance as he adjusted his suit.

"Follow me," he ordered, his tone leaving no room for hesitation.

Ruhani hesitated, her body trembling with fear. She wanted to ask for her phone back, to plead with him to let her go, but the words stuck in her throat. The reality of the situation weighed heavily on her, paralyzing her with dread.

Advik turned back, his eyes narrowing as he noticed her reluctance. "I won't repeat myself, Ruhani. Don't make me drag you out."

The threat in his voice jolted her into action. She quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out of the car, her legs shaky beneath her. She tried to compose herself, but the fear gnawed at her, growing stronger with every step she took.

As she followed Advik, her eyes were drawn to the breathtaking beauty of the farmhouse. The gardens were lush and perfectly curated, each plant and flower carefully chosen to complement the overall design. A stone pathway led them through this paradise, and she couldn't help but marvel at the elegance of the fountain, its water cascading in gentle arcs, creating a soothing background melody. The living room, visible through the massive glass walls, was equally stunning-an inviting space with plush furniture, soft lighting, and an array of art pieces that added a touch of sophistication. But there was no comfort to be found in the beauty of the place.