CHAPTER 8

Inaya rummaged through Riya's closet, her hands brushing past a myriad of colorful outfits. She finally settled on a short skirt and a bralette top, an ensemble far removed from her usual attire. She held the outfit against herself, looking in the mirror with a mix of excitement and apprehension.

"Are you sure about this?" she asked Riya, her voice tinged with nervousness as she tugged at the hem of the skirt.

Riya grinned, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "You look amazing, Ini! Trust me, you'll fit right in. It's all about having fun tonight. Just relax."

Inaya looked at herself again, feeling both exposed and liberated. "I've never worn anything like this before," she confessed, biting her lip. The skirt was shorter than anything she had ever worn, and the bralette left little to the imagination.

Riya walked over and gave her a reassuring hug. "You look stunning, and you're going to have the best night ever. This is what you need—a break from all the rules and strictness. Tonight is about freedom."

Inaya's heart pounded as she imagined the consequences if Advik found out. "I hope Bhaiya doesn’t find out about this. If he does, I’ll be dead meat. Not even Mom and Dad will be able to save me."

Riya laughed and waved off her concerns. "Relax, he won't find out. And if he does, we'll deal with it then. Now, let's call some friends to join us. It'll be a blast!"

As Riya made the calls, Inaya whispered a silent prayer to God, hoping for an uneventful night that wouldn’t get her into trouble. She was taking a big risk, but the lure of adventure and the chance to experience something new was too strong to resist.

Riya's friends were excited about the impromptu plan and quickly agreed to meet up. Riya turned to Inaya, her eyes shining with excitement. "Ready for the night of your life?"

Inaya took a deep breath, trying to push aside her worries. "Ready as I'll ever be," she said, her voice steadier than she felt.

Riya looked at Inaya with a mischievous grin. "Let's get out of here before we change our minds. Tonight, we’re going to see what this city has to offer."

Inaya felt a thrill of excitement mixed with a twinge of guilt. "I can’t believe I’m doing this," she muttered, but the smile on her face betrayed her anticipation.

The night air was warm as they stepped outside, and Inaya’s heart raced with the promise of adventure. They met up with Riya’s friends at a nearby café, where laughter and chatter filled the air. Inaya quickly found herself relaxing, enjoying the company and the carefree atmosphere.

"Where to first?" one of Riya’s friends asked, glancing around the group.

"Let's hit that new club everyone’s talking about," Riya suggested, her excitement infectious.

Inaya hesitated for a moment but then nodded, feeling a rush of adrenaline. "Let's do it," she agreed, her fears momentarily forgotten.

As they made their way to the club, Inaya felt a sense of liberation she hadn’t experienced in a long time. The night was alive with possibilities, and for the first time, she allowed herself to embrace the unknown.

Inside the club, the music was loud, and the lights were dazzling. Inaya felt a thrill as she stepped onto the dance floor, surrounded by a sea of people. The beat of the music resonated through her, and she began to move, losing herself in the rhythm. Riya and her friends danced alongside her, their laughter and joy adding to the exhilaration of the night.

Inaya’s worries about Advik and the consequences of her actions faded into the background as she danced. She was living in the moment, enjoying the freedom and the excitement of the night. For a few hours, she was just a girl having fun with her friends, unburdened by rules and expectations.

As the night wore on, Inaya found herself laughing more freely, her usual reservations melting away. She felt a bond with Riya and her friends, a sense of belonging that she hadn’t realized she was missing. They shared stories, joked, and took countless pictures, capturing the memories of a night she would never forget.

Riya returned to the table carrying a tray of shots, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. "Time to get this party started," she announced, handing out the drinks to everyone. The group cheered and clinked their glasses together, downing their shots with enthusiasm.

Inaya, however, hesitated. Her heart was pounding, and thoughts of Advik loomed large in her mind. The last thing she wanted was for him to find out she was out drinking, especially in a club. She imagined his stern face, the disappointment in his eyes, and it made her stomach churn. She took a deep breath, reminding herself that Advik was unfamiliar with the city’s nightlife. The chances of him stumbling upon this particular club were slim.

"Come on, Ini, just one drink," Riya encouraged, noticing her friend's hesitation. "It's all part of the experience. You'll love it!"

Inaya bit her lip, the pressure from her friends mounting. With a mixture of excitement and apprehension, she picked up the shot glass. For the first time in her life, she brought the glass to her lips and drank. The alcohol burned as it went down, but it was accompanied by a strange thrill. She felt a warmth spreading through her, a lightheadedness that was both unsettling and liberating.

"See? That wasn't so bad," Riya said, laughing as she poured another round. "Let's go meet my boyfriend. He’s waiting for us in the private area."

As they moved towards the secluded section of the club, Inaya felt her inhibitions starting to slip away. The music seemed louder, the lights brighter. She was beginning to understand why people enjoyed this so much. Her worries about Advik began to fade into the background, replaced by a sense of daring she had never felt before.

They entered the private area, where Riya's boyfriend, Arjun, was waiting with a group of friends. He greeted them with a broad smile, pulling Riya into a hug. "Hey, everyone! Glad you could make it."

Inaya watched as Riya introduced her to Arjun and his friends. "This is Inaya," Riya said. "She’s here visiting from India. It’s her first time clubbing."

Arjun grinned and offered Inaya another drink. "Welcome, Inaya! Let's make sure you have a night to remember."

Inaya accepted the drink, feeling a mixture of excitement and trepidation. She took a sip, the alcohol adding to the growing buzz in her head. The group was lively, chatting and laughing, and she found herself being drawn into the fun. The conversations flowed easily, and for a while, she forgot about her worries entirely.

As the night progressed, Inaya felt herself loosening up even more. She danced with Riya and her friends, their movements uninhibited and joyous. The private area offered a sense of exclusivity and freedom, and she embraced it fully. Arjun and his friends were friendly and welcoming, making her feel like part of their group.

Yet, in the back of her mind, a small voice kept reminding her of Advik. She knew she was taking a risk, and the thought of his reaction if he found out was terrifying. But each time the worry surfaced, she pushed it aside, telling herself that tonight was about letting go and having fun.

As the clock ticked on, the group decided to take a break and sat down on the plush couches. Riya leaned over to Inaya, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Having fun, Ini?"

Inaya nodded, a genuine smile spreading across her face. "Yes, I am. This is amazing. Thank you, Riya."

Riya hugged her tightly. "I knew you'd enjoy it. Sometimes, you just need to let loose and experience life."

Inaya nodded, feeling a newfound sense of freedom and exhilaration. For the first time, she allowed herself to fully embrace the moment, putting all her worries aside. She knew the night would eventually end and reality would come crashing back, but for now, she was determined to enjoy every second.

As they continued to drink and laugh, Inaya silently prayed that this night would remain their little secret, hoping against hope that Advik would never find out about her wild adventure.