𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Soohee

Soohee

Soohee took a deep breath as she stood outside the school gates, her heart hammering in her chest. After everything that had happened—the video leak, the rumors, and the whispers—she had taken the previous week off to gather herself. But now it was Monday, and she couldn't avoid it any longer. She had to face it all head-on.

As soon as she stepped into the school building, she could feel the stares burning into her. Whispers followed her as she walked down the hallway, students huddling in groups, pretending not to be obvious as they glanced at her. The tension was thick, and Soohee clenched her fists at her sides, trying her best to ignore them.

"Oh my gosh, there she is."

"She actually showed up? After all that?"

"Poor girl. What does she even see in him?"

"Do you think he's forcing her?"

Soohee's heart sank at the cruel remarks she overheard, but she lifted her chin higher, determined not to let them get to her. She spotted her friends standing by her locker, waiting for her with concerned looks on their faces. As soon as they saw her, they rushed over.

"Soohee!" Jisoo was the first to reach her, immediately wrapping her in a tight hug. "I'm so glad you're back. We missed you."

"We were so worried about you," Sunoo chimed in, his expression serious. "How are you holding up?"

Ni-ki leaned against the lockers, trying to keep the mood light. "You look like you could use a good laugh. I've got jokes on standby if you need 'em."

Soohee managed a small smile at that. "Thanks, guys. I'm okay, really. I just... I had to take some time to figure things out."

"We totally get it," Jisoo said, her voice gentle. "But listen, if anyone gives you trouble today, you tell us, okay? We've got your back."

"Yeah, we'll handle them," Ni-ki added, raising his fists like he was ready for a fight. "Nobody messes with our Soohee."

Soohee laughed despite herself, grateful for her friends' support. "You guys are the best. And don't worry, I'm ready to handle whatever comes my way today. Plus," she added with a mischievous grin, "I've got the best boyfriend in the world backing me up."

Sunoo snickered. "You're lucky. Not everyone can say their boyfriend is a whole teacher."

Jisoo nudged him. "Sunoo, not the time."

Ni-ki, however, couldn't resist joining in. "Yeah, I mean, at least you're not stuck with one of us immature idiots."

Soohee rolled her eyes playfully. "Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ni-ki."

Jisoo gave Soohee's shoulder a squeeze. "In all seriousness, we're happy you and Jungwon are okay. We were worried that everything going on might've messed things up for you two."