THREE - "found family"

༺𓆩✮𓆪༻

༺𓆩✮𓆪༻

The door to the apartment creaked open, the sound echoing in the quiet hallway. You stood just outside, clutching the edge of the synthetic hospital gown as you hesitated by the door. Aizawa glanced back at you, his tired eyes softening slightly as he pushed the door open wider.

"Come on in, 's home sweet home," he said in his usual calm, almost gruff tone, but there was a hint of patience in it—like he was used to handling situations like this.

Yamada, standing behind you, gave you a gentle nudge forward. "It's okay, kiddo," he encouraged, his voice light and warm. "This place is super cozy, I promise."

With their reassurance you took a cautious step inside, your new sparkly shoes clicking softly on the hardwood floor. The apartment was quiet, almost too quiet, and the stillness made your chest tighten with nervousness. You paused, looking around the space in front of you.

Aizawa's apartment was simple but inviting, with a mix of warm tones and cool neutrals that made it feel safe. The living room was the first thing you noticed—a small, comfortable space with a worn but cozy-looking couch in a dark shade of gray. There were a couple of throw blankets draped over the back, and a low coffee table sat in front of it, its surface cluttered with a few books and papers. A television was mounted on the wall, but it looked like it hadn't been turned on in a while. The walls were lined with shelves, filled with an assortment of books and a few scattered trinkets, giving the room a lived-in feel.

You took a few more steps, feeling a bit braver now, as you walked deeper into the apartment. To your left, you could see the kitchen—a small but tidy space with dark countertops and light-colored cabinets. There was a round dining table in the corner, just big enough for two or three people, with a couple of mismatched chairs around it. Aizawa followed your gaze, and after a moment, he walked over to the kitchen, gesturing for you to come closer.

"This is the kitchen," he said, his voice steady as he opened one of the cupboards. "If you ever get hungry or want a snack, you can grab something from here. Or you can ask me, and I'll make you something."

You nodded slowly, still taking it all in. The idea of being able to take food whenever you wanted was surprising. Your gaze drifted to the cupboard, filled with various snacks and ingredients, all within reach. Aizawa's words echoed in your mind, but they felt almost unreal—like they were too good to be true. You weren't used to this kind of freedom, and it left you feeling a bit... uncertain.

Your head started to throb slightly.

"You think you can just waltz into my kitchen and eat the food I paid for?!" 

You blinked a few times, trying to shake off the heaviness in your head. Aizawa must have noticed the shift in your expression because he paused, his gaze softening as he waited for you to respond.