THIRTEEN - "y/ns impact"

༺𓆩✮𓆪༻

༺𓆩✮𓆪༻

Aizawa, Yamada, Nemuri, and Nezu stood solemnly around Officer Sato's cluttered desk, their faces grim, illuminated only by the soft glow of the desk lamp. Tension hung thick in the air, the weight of Y/n's disappearance pressing heavily on their minds. The case files about her abduction lay scattered across the desk, but they didn't offer any leads—just cold facts and dead ends.

Aizawa's already prominent eye bags were darker and deeper than usual, a sign of too many sleepless nights spent agonizing over what could have happened to his daughter. His shoulders slumped under the burden of his worry, though he tried his best to remain composed. Yamada wasn't faring much better—his eyes were puffy and bloodshot, his usually energetic demeanor dulled by exhaustion. Nemuri looked hollow, her usual vibrancy replaced by a somber stillness, her own eye bags nearly matching Aizawa's. Even Nezu, normally a picture of calm intellect, was jittery, his fur disheveled and his small paws wrapped tightly around yet another cup of coffee. He was one sip away from collapsing under the pressure.

Officer Sato sat behind his desk, his face pale and worn, dark stubble shadowing his jaw. He hadn't left his desk in days, tirelessly combing through every lead and piece of evidence, but there was nothing—nothing to give them hope.

Aizawa broke the heavy silence, his voice a low, gravelly rasp. "There really isn't anything left behind, huh?" His tone was edged with frustration, though he tried to keep his emotions in check.

Officer Sato looked up, meeting Aizawa's weary gaze with shame in his own. "I wish there was." He sighed, his voice thick with regret. "Not even a single bit of evidence. Whoever took her... they knew what they were doing. It's like they vanished without a trace."

Nemuri's brow furrowed, her voice sharp with urgency. "There were no cameras in that alleyway?" Her voice, usually so playful and teasing, was serious, laced with concern.

Sato shook his head, his hands gripping the edge of his desk. "I've checked. Nothing. Not a single camera picked up anything suspicious. It's like... like she just disappeared."

Yamada, who had been unusually quiet, suddenly spoke, his voice shaky with a mix of fear and determination. "We can't just stand around and do nothing!" His fists clenched at his sides, and his eyes darted between his colleagues. "This could have something to do with her past. We need to find her, fast! Whatever she was running from that night—it wasn't safe, Aizawa. Not for a child. She needs us."

Everyone nodded silently in agreement. The tension thickened, the weight of his words hitting hard. Aizawa cleared his sore throat, his voice more ragged than usual. "Yamada's right... This is an urgent case, and we can't afford to waste any more time." His eyes, red from lack of sleep, flickered with a mixture of fear and fierce resolve. "We need to solve this... now."

Nezu, despite his jittery state from too much coffee, took a deep breath and spoke up. "I've got a few favors I can call in with some heroes... I'll cash them in immediately." His small paw twitched as he gripped his coffee cup tighter. "I'll make sure we have all hands on deck for this. I promise you—Y/n will be brought home safe and sound."